Rock Lake

All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
rodrob43
Petty Officer

Rock Lake

Post by rodrob43 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:02 am

Would like to go and fish Rock Lake, but it is difficult to get there and once there, I'd like to spend some time. Therefore the need to camp. I know there are no facilities so it would be rough camping: tent, bring your own water, food, and other camp gear. I'd like to know if there are any places to camp out, anyone got any pictures, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Here's to cool, clear water with big fish!

capnhook
Angler

RE:Rock Lake

Post by capnhook » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:14 am

I'm hoping you get some answers to your post since I am also interested in learning more about Rock Lake. I searched the area on Google Earth and it appears that there may be a couple spots on the south end of the lake where you could camp if it's legal. Everyone is always talking about the wind there so be sure you take your long tent stakes if thats the way you go! Maybe I'll see you there.

GCB069
Petty Officer

Re: Rock Lake

Post by GCB069 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:15 am

People do camp at the boat ramp.

boyermtn
Angler

Re: Rock Lake

Post by boyermtn » Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 am

It is a very small area, with wind, if it up on the lake. The WDFW launch is actually leased from the local old-timer farmer, but a nice gentleman. Its named well, and I am not sure if you could anchor a tent in the soil or lack of it, to withstand any severe blow. There is more soil but it requires leaving the confines of the leased property and has not gone over well with the land owner in the past. On a good weekend it can be busy for the small area, as its the only public access point on the lake, so you may feel some iritation from others that feel you have more space than you are welcomed too, but dont take it personal.

Maybe touch base with some of the locals about camping on an adjacent parcel????

Best of luck

Return to “Camping Life - the BEST places to go (and avoid!)”