Duck Lake or Mineral Lake

All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
Don Icenogle
Angler

Duck Lake or Mineral Lake

Post by Don Icenogle » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:36 am

Heading out tomorrow for trout. Still undecided where to go. I reserved a spot a Mineral Lake a couple of months ago for opening weekend now non-refundable. People are telling me how crowded it is going to be and now I'm thinking Duck Lake. Should have thought about that before. Have a trailer and a place to stay at Ocean Shores more room to spread out. What sounds more fun?

MarkFromSea
Admiral

RE:Duck Lake or Mineral Lake

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:55 am

Don Ice wrote:Heading out tomorrow for trout. Still undecided where to go. I reserved a spot a Mineral Lake a couple of months ago for opening weekend now non-refundable. People are telling me how crowded it is going to be and now I'm thinking Duck Lake. Should have thought about that before. Have a trailer and a place to stay at Ocean Shores more room to spread out. What sounds more fun?
Weather..... and..... a few years back every fish I caught at Mineral had worms(summertime though).... If you hit Duck, let us know if the bass are active yet.... LOL
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

G-Man
Admiral

RE:Duck Lake or Mineral Lake

Post by G-Man » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:00 am

I'd opt for Duck Lake just because I'd drop a few pots in the bay and fish for some lings and rockcod before running the boat in Duck to desalinize it by trolling for trout and crappie.

If it isn't going on at Duck, you can always pump some shrimp from the bay and fish the jetty or the surf.
Last edited by G-Man on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Camping Life - the BEST places to go (and avoid!)”