Silver Lake Resort, Castle Rock

All about camping, maybe some fishing thrown in for good measure...
Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Silver Lake Resort, Castle Rock

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:02 am

While the openness of the tent camping are provides almost no privacy, thats about the only shortcoming I have found.

Sitting in the shadow of Mt St Hellens, Silver Lake is mostly an undeveloped shallow lake.

The one thing that REALLY stands out above the other resorts Ive been to is the friendlieness of the owner and staff. I cant say more without sounding like an add.

The people here are GREAT!!!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Silver Lake Resort, Castle Rock

Post by Amx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:59 am

Been always great since I first went there in about '88. Very good people.
Tom.

Interests: living

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:42 am

We also had a very enjoyable trip down there last weekend. We will be making a trek down there again for a ... how does BassinBomber say it? ... a Fam-Bam event. The people were really helpful and nice. The locals that fish that area were not stand offish but were very helpful to both the adults and the kids. Was a nice lake to get the kids to catch some fish and we also hooked into fish from the tubes as well. Can't wait to explore it more.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

kodacachers
Lieutenant

Post by kodacachers » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:51 am

A nice alternative camping spot is the nearby Seaquest state park. It offers more privacy, depending on the site. It does not have lake access to your boat or fishing (there's a boardwalk through the marsh area for bird watching), but you can launch at the resort and I think you may be able to moor there too for a small fee.
Gary

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:53 am

Yea, we drove thru there and liked what we saw. Lots of spots where no one else was close to you and the truck could block alot of the driveway view.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri May 21, 2010 8:10 am

I heard Silver Lake Resort has been taken by the bank. I hope the resort lives on, its a nice place.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:41 am

Yup, the bank has taken the resort and it is going up for auction. 1.6 mill was what I heard.

The fireworks display was alot nicer than expected and the place was packed.

Had issues with some rude boaters that put others, even lil kids at great risk... ( RON ) in a grey Huges.

The camping is right next to the road. The traffic passing by at 50 - 60 mpg was loud at times. Especially when a loaded semi goes by and rolls down the rumble strips. There is almost no privacy at all in the camping or RV areas. I wont be camping here again, RV maybe if I get one and Yes to the resort. I have not tried the cabins yet but a few of them (the ones off to the side) look worth checking into.

They had paddle boat races and everyone crowded onto the dock to watch. The log under one side of the dock (west) is very water logged and rotted and did not hold the weight well. The chain holding the dock to shore, and the chain connecting to the cross section was the only thing keeping the dock from flipping over. I watched from my boat...

All pro's and con's considered... I like this place and will return.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:54 am

Richard

There is a pending nonjudicial foreclosure under RCW 61.24. The sale date and time is 3pm on Friday July 23. Any bidder must pay cash at time of sale. If you wish to know the minimum bid amount (generally the balance due to the lender, but it may be less), contact me the middle of next week. Feel free to have your attorney contact me as well, if you have retained counsel.

Michael J. Warren, Esq.
Attorney at Law
Real Estate and Business Law, and Related Litigation

One Union Square, Suite 1730
600 University Street
Seattle, Washington 98101
Telephone 206.340.2008

Direct 206.805.1492

Facsimile 206.340.1962

PivotalLawGroup.com | WarrenLawNW.com

Return to “Camping Life - the BEST places to go (and avoid!)”