posting video...

Questions, concerns, support for our Members
Rollin with Rolland
Captain

posting video...

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:02 pm

Alright, I'll admit....I'm no computer whiz. I was thinking about posting a nice 1 min. video, but not sure where and how that would be possible. I'll also admit, I have not gone through the entire Pr. Mem. tutorial. Is there somewhere I could post this in my PM account? Also, I could probably get it to go on the regular forum, it's just that it may have a few foul words, and of course, I don't want it to be viewed by anyone that may be offended. (kids). Any thoughts?? Should I just scrap the idea of putting it on WL?? It's 1 minute of me pulling a lingcod outta the salt, with a few f -bombs by the camera man.

thanks....RwR

EDIT: It's actually only 17sec. but fun as heck!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

blufin loui
Lieutenant

RE:posting video...

Post by blufin loui » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:58 am

Hey RwR, That's a great question. Since ya have concerns shows me that you be the conscientious type guy, and since this forum strives to be "G" rated, the F-bombs would seem out of place. Granted this is just my preception, and hope more people respond to the question. Pulling up lings is an exciting adventure, and hope ya get to pull a monster up on your future trips.
Take care and stay safe.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:35 am

I'd sure like to see it. Like you said, maybe there is a place within the site that a person could view things that might have some kind disclaimer posted at the entry point. (not that you're saying it's just filthy... but you know what I mean,, trying to be respectful to everybody)
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:47 am

Could put it on U-Tube and link to it from here

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:14 pm

RWR-

If you have a video editing program such as iMovie, like I use, you can mute or bleep out anything like that. You're correct in realizing the "G" rating the site is keeping. We appreciate your thoughts on this.

The best thing to do is contact Mike Carey and he can guide you through this. All videos have to be cleared through him. Once he approves the video, he then uploads them. I send Mike burned discs of my videos and he uploads them to Google.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:24 pm

While that's certainly good advice Marc, I think the video in question here is something he wants to post to the forum or to his blog, not to the Video section of the site. See Mikes recent Blog for an example.

RwR, If you can't get rid of the language (i know.. I know...) then I think you'll just have to keep this one to yourself. As for posting video to your blog, I think Mike and Gonzipherous have a way to do it. They should write something up and post it to the PM forum so others can give it a go.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:25 pm

RwR you cease to crack me up buddy.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:26 pm

Sorry ktk, that one came out kinda funny. Classic I know. It's a fun little clip, I just have to teach my fishing buddies better language when I catch the MONSTERS! :jocolor:

Thanks for the ideas guys. I Think I will try marc's idea first. I also have iMovie and such, so maybe I can bleep out the two words in question, oh, and stupid me saying where the honey hole is! :-#

If I can't clean it up, I guess it'll just have to stay in my video folders. But I'll see what I can do.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:37 pm

To post a video player in a Blog Post is quite easy, thanks to Gonzipheris who told me how.

First - you need to upload your video to whatever service you want to use to host your personal videos. I used YouTube.

Second - After you have it on YouTube, look for the feature called "Embed". Copy the code.

Third - Create your new Blog Post. In the lower left corner of the log entry tool, there is a button to switch to "HTML code" (it is set to default as "Design"). Once in HTML, paste the code where you want it to appear in your Blog Post. Save and when done you will have a video player with your video clip embedded into your Blog. Cool!

As to content posted in your Blogs - yes, it's your blog, but we still want to maintain the site's family orientation. Blogs are open to everyone to see. It's fairly easy to edit out swear words with most any video editing software. So do that first before you upload the video to YouTube and you'll be good to publish.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".