Coming soon...

Questions, concerns, support for our Members
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Coming soon...

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:10 am

We'll use this Forum for our Premium Members to post any questions or concerns about their Premium Memberships. Other Premium Members are encouraged to offer assistance to members having questions about how to use the various PM features. Aaron and I will monitor this forum on a regular basis. Any new features or fixes will be announced here as well.

We wll also be sending out a Tutorial to all Premium Members as we get closer to the release date.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Lotech Joe
Commodore

RE:Coming soon...

Post by Lotech Joe » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:44 pm

I'm chomping at the bit. Makes me feel like a kid at Christmas time.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:32 am

Is almost a little worse as most of us have at least peeked at the present. So we knwo what it is ... we just cant play with it yet!
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:51 pm

When do I get my own key for the clubhouse and the keys to the Hummer and Wooldridge.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:32 pm

The chat is fun, but.......... let's keep the thread open for questions on the site.:thumleft:

Big D

Post by Big D » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:07 am

Hello,
Does the new PM site have a feature that allows you to track and or receive email alerts for forum questions that you have replied to or just want to follow the conversation?
Thanks folks, I'm so looking forward to the new site.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:44 am

Will there be 2 sites for WL.com or just the new enhanced site?Is a membership necessary to visit the new site or to access info?
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Big D

Post by Big D » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:46 pm

Bump
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

Kevin K
Warrant Officer

Post by Kevin K » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Is everything still on schedule for a March 1st launch of the new site?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Hey guys,

The Forum software already has a feature to track threads. On each thread in the upper right corner of the first post on the thread is a link called "Options". Select "watch this thread" to be notified when new posts occur. The Forum software is seperate from the WL.com upgrade Aaron and I are doing.

There will be one site, but if you are a Premium Member you'll have access to a whole host of new features. If you aren't a PM you won't see the links, or if you do, you'll get a prompt to join in order to access the content (I'm not really sure because I've only been able to see the new site as a logged in PM, not as a casual user).

Everything is on schedule!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Big D wrote:Hello,
Does the new PM site have a feature that allows you to track and or receive email alerts for forum questions that you have replied to or just want to follow the conversation?
Thanks folks, I'm so looking forward to the new site.
Big D

Somebody will correct me if I am wrong. I should know this#-o I believe if you start a forum thread, you will be able to be alerted to any action on it. I am not sure if you can "tag" one you did not start in order to track it or not.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:12 pm

excitement builds..

Just under 9 hours....

will there be a be a period of time when the server is down, or is it going to be an instantaneous jump...??
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:19 pm

expect some down times, hopefull not long.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Mike what are the real advantages for this change and how will it provide the Average Joe more and what will the more be with examples I saw a few at the show but the Crannial is tight#-o ?

Maps I get 3 mapping Gps systems in my truck and tub and more?

With respect is this a way to generate more $$$ for a local cause or just your web-site?
Will some of these $$$ funds go to kids, fish programs, fish stockings and local Area events ?

Or is this really the CTSV Caddy:-$ :-# you always wanted to drive into the white coats who care:cheers: :bounce:

Heck my pal Racefish won't even take a great digital camera so will this leave these guys out of the Club without the Reflexion on how to get the keys without the coin?:dj:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:36 am

Kudos to Mike and Aaron...love the new and improved site.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:45 am

swedefish4life1 wrote:Mike what are the real advantages for this change and how will it provide the Average Joe more and what will the more be with examples I saw a few at the show but the Crannial is tight#-o ?

Maps I get 3 mapping Gps systems in my truck and tub and more?

With respect is this a way to generate more $$$ for a local cause or just your web-site?
Will some of these $$$ funds go to kids, fish programs, fish stockings and local Area events ?

Or is this really the CTSV Caddy:-$ :-# you always wanted to drive into the white coats who care:cheers: :bounce:

Heck my pal Racefish won't even take a great digital camera so will this leave these guys out of the Club without the Reflexion on how to get the keys without the coin?:dj:
Swede, Rather than go step by step over each feature I'll recommend you look at the Premium Member Tutorial I just posted on this Help Forum. It has a list of everything that's in the package. As to your other questions, revenue generated supports this site to allow it to grow and prosper, which in turn provides the anglers of this region with a (in our opinion) high quality online fishing resource. As we grow and evolve we will be looking at opportunities to support the fishing community in other ways.

We've added enough features that the Premium Membership offers a great deal of depth. Someone wth limited computer skills may not be able to get a handle on everything it has to offer. I still think there are enough things available for everyone to consider joining up. That said, here's an interesting reality people on the Forums may not be aware of:

Our basic, free membership (i.e. the ability to post comments on the Forums) totals 4164 members. At the same time, our monthly visits number anywhere from 25-36,000 distinct computer users. In other words, there are a LOT of people who just casually visit the site, read the reports, articles, etc, but don't participate any further. What this all means is that we have set the site up to appeal to all levels of user comfort - casual, standard, and "Premium". I don't expect 25,000 people to suddenly sign up as Premium Members (but I can dream!). Each individual will look at the PM features and decide if it's worth the $24 a year to them. You'll do the same I'm sure. Aaron and I are fine with whatever level of participation people chose to use.

For those that don't like the idea of paying for stuff online with credit cards, we have instructions in the sign up page for sending a check (please - no cash!).

Hope the above answered your questions.