Giant Old Penn Senator?

Post any questions and photos about old fishing rods, reels and gear!
Ryan_1
Petty Officer

Giant Old Penn Senator?

Post by Ryan_1 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:38 am

I have a Giant old Penn Senator that has stainless steel line on it and i was wondering if anyone knows how to find out how old it is?

It is a size 6/0.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

RE:Giant Old Penn Senator?

Post by Anglinarcher » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:51 pm

Ryan_1 wrote:I have a Giant old Penn Senator that has stainless steel line on it and i was wondering if anyone knows how to find out how old it is?
Maybe.

Some years ago I found that some of the sporting goods magazines had editors that were into this. Look at the Sports Afield or In Fishermen type and perhaps send a good photo and description to their Editor to see if they can help you out.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:54 pm

You might also be able to go to the Penn website and look for the "Contact Us" link. Once there, you could email them with the model # and ask them. Give it a try. The worst that could happen would be no answer.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

fishing collector
Captain

Post by fishing collector » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:50 am

What do you consider a "Giant Penn Senator"? What is the number of reel....??? It is hard to answer your question with out a picture and the numbers on the reel. You must give whoever you are asking about the reel all the info you can. I might be able to help if you could post a pic and all Numbers and names on your reel. There is quite a difference in a 1/0 senator and a 16/0 senator. Good Luck, Steve http://www.pennreels.com/home.htm Just send a pic to the service dept and they will answer any question.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.