Info-copper fly rod-

Post any questions and photos about old fishing rods, reels and gear!
hickoryman
Angler

Info-copper fly rod-

Post by hickoryman » Tue May 12, 2009 10:45 am

Trying to find some info on copper fly rods. Was wondering if anybody in here can gice me some info on a Warren Beryllium copper fly rod. I can't find that much info on these old fly rods, been in my familiers garage for many years and nobody in my family can tell me who/where this thing came from.
Thanks for any leads or help.

Hickoryman

fishing collector
Captain

RE:Info-copper fly rod-

Post by fishing collector » Wed May 13, 2009 7:50 pm

I am not familiar with the name but metal rods come up on eBay quite often. Yours most likely was made by the Warren Company of Erie Pa. They manufacture Beryllium Copper tubing products. You don't get much for metal rods. $15 to $35.00 unless they are some kind of rare one. Like I mentioned...I have never heard of yours. They have to be mint to get the top dollar. Some Shakespeare models go for $50+ in great condition. I have 15 or so metal rods and use them every so often. They are a kick to use. You might have to go to Barnes and Noble or the library and see if they have a book on old fishing gear and check it out to find your model. If you want to sell it, then try eBay. They always have collectors looking for rare rods and gear. Just put a reserve on it if you are worried . You might just keep it and use it . Good Luck, Steve
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 14, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

hickoryman
Angler

RE:Info-copper fly rod-

Post by hickoryman » Thu May 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanks for the info....

Sean