Seattle area docks?

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Dustin07
Commodore

Seattle area docks?

Post by Dustin07 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:56 pm

I'm very new to Saltwater fishing, but my dad got a nice Lund a few weeks ago and we've been exploring the South Sound quite a bit. We want to learn more about Seattle, Bainbridge, etc. and I wanted to see if anyone could give me some launch suggestions to scout out. We were originally looking for low-population areas to get familiar with the boat and whatnot on our own time but I think we're ready to start trying some new areas. any suggestions?

We've been fishing salmon mostly, and having a great time... even though our actual legal/landed fish ration is incredibly horrible, LOL :-$

JT26
Commander

RE:Seattle area docks?

Post by JT26 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:12 am

my dad and i do well even when others dont trolling in about 20-30ft of water at alki point. of coarse, it takes all day, but thats the puget sound for you.

if you actually plan on fishing around docks in seattle, thier are tons of salt perch at most of the piers, especially in north eliot bay. would eat them though, but its fun.