Albacore charters

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sanfrandan
Petty Officer

Albacore charters

Post by sanfrandan » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:09 pm

Can anyone recommend a good charter boat for albacore? It's so expensive I'd like to get my moneys worth. Thanks. I've been on charters in westport.

CraigVM62
Petty Officer

RE:Albacore charters

Post by CraigVM62 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:39 pm

Earlier this year, many of the Westport Charters had their 2 day tuna trips at close to $600 per person. Perhaps they were anticipating rising fuel prices. Looks like they have dropped down a bit with several under $500

I looked into going a couple of years ago. Problem was that most of the time on the boat was spent traveling out to where the tuna waters are. You can almost fly down to CA and go out on one of their 1 1/2 day trips and fly back for less.
Down there you have about 1 hour of boat time to get out to tuna waters

GJorgy
Warrant Officer

Post by GJorgy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:09 pm

Run down to Depot Bay in Oregon and go out on one of their charters. They only travel out around 30 miles or so rather that the overnighters out of Westport.
George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

Fishin_Freak
Angler

Post by Fishin_Freak » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:44 pm

My brother down in Cali said they are within reach of 1 day boats right now and the last time I went it was about $150.00.