Des monies

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
gpc
Admiral

Des monies

Post by gpc » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:28 am

Has anybody been fishing the des moines area (redondeo, 3 tree point). I am about to fish the salt this weekend and don't want to go too far if I don't have too. Any salmon, ling cod, rock fish?

Easy Limits
Lieutenant

RE:Des monies

Post by Easy Limits » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:40 am

It's a little early for migrating salmon. Blackmouth are available here and there.

Roadkill
Petty Officer

Post by Roadkill » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:05 pm

I'd like to go fish Redondo and drop my crab pots...

but I'd settle for some blackmouths.

:)

tc,
Road
Fishing is like sex,
when it's good, it's real good,
and when it's bad,
it's still pretty good.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:01 pm

I have fished Redondo and Dash Point the last few weeks and caught nothing but sandabs. Is there a public boat launch in Des Moines?

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:56 pm

Jake Dogfish wrote:I have fished Redondo and Dash Point the last few weeks and caught nothing but sandabs. Is there a public boat launch in Des Moines?
There isnt a public launch. They do however have one of those cranes that will lift your boat off the trailer and put it in the water. I havnt used it for about 3 years, but back then it was $20, its probably not too much more expensive, if not the same price