Beach fishing around Alki

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
gitarwmn
Angler

Beach fishing around Alki

Post by gitarwmn » Sun May 31, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi,

I just moved to Alki and was reading over the regs for fishing in this area. I noticed that the beaches on the west side of Alki are Marine reserves. The regs are as always vague about this. The regs on page 114 state for point D and E state that it is a marine reserve from certain points and it states that the area from high tide to minues 4.5' is closed to harvest except for finfish by hook and line. So can someone put this in laymens terms for me? Should I stay away from these beaches or is it safe to fish them?

Thanks

Confused fisher...

gitarwmn
gitarwmn
fishrag.com

swedefish4life1
Admiral

RE:Beach fishing around Alki

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun May 31, 2009 3:12 pm

Personal products used:-# :cyclopsan #-o are pressing that beach not fish!:cheers: :chef:

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Sun May 31, 2009 4:59 pm

Hey Git...for me, legal questions like this can be like trying to take a sip of water out of a fire hydrant! Bottom line is no matter what answers you receive...of course it would be wise to verify with your local WDFW Ofc. They are more than happy to explain regulations and answer your questions. :geek:

tommytitan08
Lieutenant

Post by tommytitan08 » Sun May 31, 2009 5:52 pm

From what you've posted it sounds like angling for finned critters is legal. It sounds like you can harvest fish using hook and line but harvesting anything else ie. crab, clams, and anything else is illegal.
" It is far better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6 "

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:23 pm

just call wdfw they are the friendliest government agency i've ever called.