Senior Stats Project - Does bait type matter?

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
svega023
Angler

Senior Stats Project - Does bait type matter?

Post by svega023 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:01 am

Hello everyone.

I am a Statistics major at my local university down in miami.

I decided to make my senior project about fishing and testing to see if there is a significant difference when using artificial baits over natural baits (artifical being things like lures, "soft bait", spinners, essentially anything that was never alive) and Natural bait being things like shrimp, minnows and such (alive or dead).

I made an overall survey to take the results so that I can see if the general population has an overall preference already along with other questions I am curious of.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/65JJRMB

Thank you guys for taking the time to complete it if you do

(also for the survey this is overall, as in not a specific fish trying to be caught but a more general assumption of just trying to catch a fish in general).

But as for the thread, In your own experience do you feel there is a difference when using artificial over natural bait? does this change based on location or type of water (salt or fresh?).

Thank you again! [thumbup]