Westport-Ocean Shores Ferry

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
SeatoSummit88
Petty Officer

Westport-Ocean Shores Ferry

Post by SeatoSummit88 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:51 pm

Sorry if this topic is in the wrong section. I wanted to reach out to the tight knit community of NWFR for this one. It would be great to get a poll from all of you on this subject, if you don't mind replying back with the answer, it would help me out a lot!

1.) Would you want a ferry back in service between Westport-Ocean Shores? Yes/No
2.) How often would you use the service in a year? 1x ; 2x ; 3x or more
3.)How much would you be willing to pay for a round trip ticket? Adult: $15; $25; $35; $45 (Children 5/under: $8; $12; $15; $18;$20)
4.) How many people in your family would use the ferry? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or more

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your time and consideration!

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Re: Westport-Ocean Shores Ferry

Post by hewesbob » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:20 pm

Are you asking regarding a private ferry service or a ferry service by Washington DOT ferry service? In my opinion if a private service thought they could operate and make a profit that there would already be a ferry running a schedule. With that said the thought of running yet another Washington State ferry at a lose in revenue is a ridiculous idea. Not only would it be a waste of money so a very small population could use it, by the time a person would wait in line to load, take the ride and then wait to get off the ferry a person could have made the very short drive from Ocean Shores to Westport ( and maybe stop and get some fresh seafood along the way). Neither Westport or Ocean Shores are year around high populations, they hit peck populations about four to five months a year so to commit a ferry system in my opinion would be ridiculous. Other than that have a nice day.

SeatoSummit88
Petty Officer

Re: Westport-Ocean Shores Ferry

Post by SeatoSummit88 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:17 pm

This idea was geared towards a private service. Thanks for your thoughts.