Herring jigging

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
spokey9
Captain

Herring jigging

Post by spokey9 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:34 pm

So I've been getting tired of dealing with sabiki rigs. Seems like the hooks break off way too easy after a few shiner perch and don't me started on untangling the things lol. After going over the regs to see if there was an easy to rig to get some fresh bait, I stumbled on the 3 treble hook allowance (probably should've seen it before but I knew sabikis were legal).

Has anybody tried running trebles for getting? I talked to enforcement to make sure my rig would be legal and I wouldn't catch a bogus snagging charge. I'm assuming I just toss it out and jig it back like a sabiki, but I haven't found any info about techniques for trebles & herring.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.