Need Halibut Fishing Partner

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BuddhaBelly
Angler

Need Halibut Fishing Partner

Post by BuddhaBelly » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Hello,
I am in need of a fishing partner for halibut. I will be staying at Elwha River camp grounds in Port Angeles and running over into Canadian waters. You need to have a pass port or enhanced drivers license. I have a 21' cuddy cabin with electric downriggers for the salmon fishing. I will be leaving the morning of May 24th and coming back on May 29th. Fishing the 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th. You will need to get a Canadian license. They cost less then a residence license here. ($116) Share fuel, camp site and moorage. (About $350 to $400) a share. We will fish Halibut, then switch to salmon, and if enough time hit the Lingcod. We need to head back by about 3:00PM each day for fuel. Hope to be on the water by 5:30 AM at the latest. I always keep my tanks topped off. If we come back late, we will need to pull the boat out to refuel it. I have a 11'x 20 foot tent for sleeping and a 10'x 10' tent for my freezer and refrig and supplies. You will need fishing pole, some fishing gear, sleeping bag and mattress. I had a partner all lined up, But he owns a steel company and a site in Idaho started up sooner then expected. I hate fishing alone.

cxlumpy
Petty Officer

Re: Need Halibut Fishing Partner

Post by cxlumpy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:59 pm

this is so temping......

Mike10gs
Petty Officer

Post by Mike10gs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:19 pm

This is interesting. Have always wanted to go into canadian waters.

BuddhaBelly
Angler

Post by BuddhaBelly » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:39 pm

I have been fishing Sekiu for a few years. The season this year is a joke. Plus the habitat over in Canada has not been destroyed by the rollers on the bottom draggers. So there is way more bait over there. A guy in his eighties explained all this stuff to me last year. He says that all the Butts we catch over here are all the punks who can not hang with the big boys over there. He had me laughing so dam hard. Cool guy.

BuddhaBelly
Angler

Post by BuddhaBelly » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 pm

I have enough gear for Halibut and Salmon. But people can lose a lot of gear fishing ling cods. I do have a buddy of mine who sells me weights pre cast into 5 OZ, 6 OZ, 2LB, 4 Lb and what ever size, at cost of lead. When I ling cod fish, on a trip like this, I will take about 25 of the 5 & 6 oz weights alone. Usually people just pay for lost gear at cost. A 5 oz weight is about $1.00. The swivels and connections cost more then the lead. Come on guys. Lets R.I.P. some Butts.

BuddhaBelly
Angler

Post by BuddhaBelly » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Just completed a nice ling cod fishing trip with the Carlile family last weekend to Neah Bay. Got to meet the Singer Brandi Carlile. She is full out country girl. The Carlile family knows how to roll. They had six boats. Five boats in use. One just incase of trouble. First day was very windy. 25 to 30 MPH winds. Wave speed was very fast. Most of the boats went in early. Seas Sick. We stuck it out. We found an island to hide behind and wallah. Limited out in about an hour on Lings. One was 43 inches long. Radioed into the rest of the Clan and before the end of the night, Most everyone went back out on the water and limited out. Great Trip!!!

BuddhaBelly
Angler

Post by BuddhaBelly » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:09 pm

Found a Partner for this May Halibut trip. I have another trip to Port Angeles later in the summer. I will leave Puyallup on June 29th and come back on the morning of July 4th. Fishing June 3th and July 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Might not run over to Canada at all for Halibut on this trip. Might just go after Salmon and Crab outside of PA. Looking for someone on this trip as well.

BuddhaBelly
Angler

Post by BuddhaBelly » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:08 am

Well, Back looking for a Halibut Fishing Partner. Read first post for information.

BuddhaBelly
Angler

Post by BuddhaBelly » Tue May 02, 2017 6:28 pm

Still in need of a fishing partner for Halibut fishing. Please do not make me fish for big Butts by myself. [crying]