South Sound Resident Coho

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
TWheels
Angler

South Sound Resident Coho

Post by TWheels » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:28 pm

Hello! I live up in the Seattle area and love fishing for coho from the shore summer/fall on Whidbey Island, point no point, etc. Here we are in the dead of winter, and I've been dreaming of summer and longing for some bank fishing. I've been hearing about the resident coho in marine area 13. I'm not asking for anyone's secret spot, but where would ya'll recommend I go? I hear Anderson Island is a good spot? Thanks!

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: South Sound Resident Coho

Post by Larry3215 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:51 pm

Last I heard the main action was in the Narrows area to the south end of Fox Island. There is bank access in both places. Easier to get to than Anderson Island.

Keep in mind these are trout sized fish.

TWheels
Angler

Re: South Sound Resident Coho

Post by TWheels » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:56 am

Awesome! I'll have to check that out