Wow! Tribes say they didnt catch Coho this year!

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
BARCHASER10
Captain

Wow! Tribes say they didnt catch Coho this year!

Post by BARCHASER10 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:00 pm

Isn't that amazin! The Tribes say they didnt catch any Coho in 2016. I guess they didn't get any fish in all those gillnets they had in Lake Washington.

They must be just lousy fishermen since we all know the Tribes are very truthful!

http://tidalexchange.com/2016/12/23/no- ... ibes-2016/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Wow! Tribes say they didnt catch Coho this year!

Post by Amx » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:03 pm

Yup. :-k [-(

And we KNOW that they are just lying their collective butts off.

http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/ ... 11#p232811" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom.

Interests: living

18ftTrophy
Warrant Officer

Post by 18ftTrophy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:28 pm

That's pretty funny, since I drove by a tribe store selling both king and coho salmon off hi-way 20 east of I-5.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:30 pm

Gee, must have been last year's coho, :scratch: from 2015 that is, in case someone doesn't read this until next year - 2017. [laugh]
Tom.

Interests: living

NWBoater45
Petty Officer

Post by NWBoater45 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:30 pm

18ftTrophy wrote:That's pretty funny, since I drove by a tribe store selling both king and coho salmon off hi-way 20 east of I-5.
Yes, they were selling both at the Tulalip Exit as well for several weeks.

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Post by Onmygame » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:00 pm

BARCHASER wrote:Isn't that amazin! The Tribes say they didnt catch any Coho in 2016. I guess they didn't get any fish in all those gillnets they had in Lake Washington.

They must be just lousy fishermen since we all know the Tribes are very truthful!

http://tidalexchange.com/2016/12/23/no- ... ibes-2016/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The tribes didn't say they caught zero Coho - they didn't say anything at all.

According to the article in your link, it is the absence of REPORTS, not a claim of zero fish caught that is the issue.

It is completely irresponsible on their part - pure and simple.

onmygame

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:44 am

I agree. They didn't say "We didn't catch any" With the absence of any report on particular fish, what they are saying is, "Screw you" "We don't have to report". Now we can all sit back and watch as the state of Washington does nothing about it. I say if they don't want to follow the rules, dissolve the treaties for those tribes that don't want to comply. A deal is a deal and I'm quite sure they insist that everyone else complies with the treaties.

BARCHASER10
Captain

Post by BARCHASER10 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:43 am

Of course the Tribes report their fish catch. It sez so right at the bottom of this Q&A! Lies, Bullshit and Propaganda!

http://nwifc.org/about-us/fisheries-man ... fisheries/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;