West port

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
aceofspades
Angler

West port

Post by aceofspades » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:32 pm

So me and my grlfriend are going to west port and want to do some fishing and crabbing and some clamming was wondering if there is anywhere along there we can find some clams other than razor clams and maybe some oysters

SeatoSummit88
Petty Officer

Re: West port

Post by SeatoSummit88 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:21 am

You can find steamer clams along the shoreline of grays harbor. I have dug clams around Westport and have gone south towards Raymond, and dug along the tidal flats. Definitely check the regs before you go. Currently, demoic acid levels are still too high for Twin Harbor Beaches. However, Long beach has open dates coming up. You can fish from the marina pier, the smaller finger jetties and the main jetty just west of half moon bay. I believe rockfish, perch and cabezon are the only species you can keep right now. Lingcod opens in March. Sometimes throwing a pot into the marina can hail sizable dungeness. Good Luck