Lawless Pt/Lawless Cove

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
nascarrich64
Angler

Lawless Pt/Lawless Cove

Post by nascarrich64 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:09 pm

A friend committed that he's doing good on the summer Chinook fishing at Lawless Pt/Lawless Cove. The problem is I can't find these locations on any of the Puget Sound maps I have or google it.
Has anyone heard of either these locations? If so where compared to the Area 10/11 Boundary. Thanks

scraig1962
Petty Officer

Re: Lawless Pt/Lawless Cove

Post by scraig1962 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:56 am

Not sure. I searched for "law" in Navionics and the only thing that came up within thousands of miles was Lawrence Point in the San Juans.
Screenshot_2015-08-27-07-46-25[1].png

JoshH
Lieutenant

Post by JoshH » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:54 pm

If it's Lawrence Point, it's a popular Chinook spot. I haven't fished there in years, but the last time I did it had great action, unfortunately it was also bad memory type action. Had one King on for about 10 minutes then saw a seal surface with the fish and my line in it's mouth. A little later hooked into another real nice King, only to watch another boat troll over my line. Pretty sure the his downrigger cable or ball broke my line.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:01 pm

FWIW you want to fish Lawrence on the Ebb.