Do additional salmons include pinks?

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Eugene
Petty Officer

Do additional salmons include pinks?

Post by Eugene » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:25 am

Hi Guys! Please advice - where the regulation says 2 pinks + 2 additional salmons - does it mean that you can keep 4 pinks or not? Thank you in advance!

gfakkema
Commander

Re: Do additional salmons include pinks?

Post by gfakkema » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:20 am

Last edited by gfakkema on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

Eugene
Petty Officer

Post by Eugene » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:56 am

gfakkema - thank you. I read that topic, so what I got from there I can keep 4 pinks but 2 of them have to be adults, correct?

gfakkema
Commander

Post by gfakkema » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:58 pm

Last edited by gfakkema on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founding member of P.I.N.K. (Pink Idiots Need Killing), for the prevention of IDIOT pink salmon "anglers" everywhere!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:12 pm

I believe the reg in question reads "2 Salmon, combined PLUS two additional PINKS." So you can keep 2 adult salmon, any species that are open (or a combination thereof) plus 2 ADDITIONAL pink salmon, for a total of 4 salmon.... all pinks if you so choose. Once the silvers show it can be 2 silvers, 2 pinks. No more than 2 silvers.

Eugene
Petty Officer

Post by Eugene » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Guys, thank you all for responses! I never caught a salmon so rugs are kinds difficult for me to understand. Please help if you can. So species rules page 102 say "Handling Rule: in Areas 5-13, it is illegal to bring a wild SALMON or a species of SALMON aboard a vessel if it is unlawful to retain those SALMON." and MA10 rules for current period say "Oct 1 - Jan 31 CHINOOK - min. size 22". Other SALMON species - no min. size. Daily limit 2 (combined). Release wild CHINOOK." I just want to summarize what exctly and how much I can keep - hatchery chum salmon any size, hatchery coho salmon any size, hatchery chinook (king) 22+ and hatchery pink any size - any of them up to 2 in total - right? Can I keep any wild salmons? Please tell me if I miss something! Thank you in advance!

JoshH
Lieutenant

Post by JoshH » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:08 am

I assume you are looking for what you can do in Area 10. Yes the general rule is 2 retention Oct 1 - Jan 31 of any wild or hatchery fish with the exception being you must release all wild Chinook and they must be released in the method described in the special rules, in other words, keep it in the water. All other species, wild or hatchery is fine for retention.

Eugene
Petty Officer

Post by Eugene » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:15 am

JoshH - thank you! Finally I got it! I just have to identify kind of salmon before bringing it to the vessel, good :)

JoshH
Lieutenant

Post by JoshH » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:18 pm

Of course now it looks like you can scratch all of that after the 19th.

Eugene
Petty Officer

Post by Eugene » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:15 pm

yes, it is sad, but tomorrow it is still open, maybe will catch something...