stielacom pier flat fish

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
aceofspades
Angler

stielacom pier flat fish

Post by aceofspades » Thu May 28, 2015 11:48 pm

i liveby the stielacom pier and it opens for crab in a few days and i want to start simple and try and can catch some flounder i have heard of big ones there i was hoping someone could help me where and what to use for bait to use i have walked the the beach and found a creek at the end of the path is that a good place to start fishing and i m interested in perch as well and tips will help pls tight lines

spokey9
Captain

Re: stielacom pier flat fish

Post by spokey9 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:49 pm

for flounders use a nightcrawler or strip of squid on a 2 hook crappie (or something similar). for pile or rainbow perch, it`s hard to beat sandshrimp tails. there are a ton of sculpin around there that'll steal your bait.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

obryan214
Commander

Post by obryan214 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:46 pm

is the pier you fish off the one right at the ferry terminal next to the boat ramp? their are some nice flounder, sole and skate there, catch the flatfish on my pt wilson darts and shimano butterfly jigs while fishing the mouth of chambers creek for kings in august. got a skate on one once too, seen many more in the shallows.

aceofspades
Angler

Post by aceofspades » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:11 pm

yes it is by the ferry dock