Took a 300 mile clamming cruise today

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
callplatinum
Petty Officer

Took a 300 mile clamming cruise today

Post by callplatinum » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Got up at 5am, was clamming digging by 8:30, limited by 8:45 home by noon.

Said to see the clamming season come to a close, So I took it out in my personal style.

For any of you all that have not been clamming, when it reopens this fall, load up the kids and enjoy a day at the beach. Such fun! Even more so when the weather is good.

Oh and so tasty.
I rented a house in West Port for mid June, so this limit will go into a promised clam chowder.

Top on, on the way down, top off on the way home.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Re: Took a 300 mile clamming cruise today

Post by MarkFromSea » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:01 pm

I love it! The new "Gone Clammin" mobile! LOL Way to hit the clams in style! We did similar earlier this year when the weather wasn't good, one day trips were fine with us this year. Last year, over nights were the norm for us.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"