BC fishing trip

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mort
Angler

BC fishing trip

Post by Mort » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:20 am

I don't know if this is the correct place for this post ... I wanted to share this.

Wife and I just recently spent 3 days at Winter Harbor on the NW end of Vancouver island. The drive took 12 hours, including a 2 hour trip on the ferry. We stayed at the Qualicum resort. This is quite a spot, beautiful wild and unspoiled. The bay is right off Prince Rupert sound (inland waterway) and is a major migration route. We had a wonderful time. We caught several kinds of Cod and Halibut and loads of Salmon. I caught one 28.5 lb Chinook that was huge. We took Coho and Pinks (the guide used them for bait). Came home with 4 big coolers of fillets and steaks. We saw Whales and Sea Lions, Bears, Otters and Eagles. Trip of a lifetime for us. The meals were outstanding. I read about this place in NW Fishing magazine. I can't say enough about how well we were treated and the wonderful experience we had.

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: BC fishing trip

Post by RiverChromeGS » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Nice!! Ive been on the West Coast of the Island fishing all summer. Sure is a fun place!
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Re: BC fishing trip

Post by racfish » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Also Danny ,I told the border guards not to let you back in the USA till after steelhead season. Plus if Nate dosent watch out and catches too many fish hes being sent back to Mexico. [-X You guys catch way too many. Heeheehee