Long beach ,Wa

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jake_k
Warrant Officer

Long beach ,Wa

Post by jake_k » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:16 am

Hey all my family and i a heading to long beach , Wa on Friday. Where would be a to fish for salmon or rock fish and ling cod from shore.

NimmunDay
Petty Officer

Re: Long beach ,Wa

Post by NimmunDay » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:14 am

Try the Jetty at Cape Disappointment State Park. There are a lot of crabs there, so you might want to bring your crab gear.
Thank you! Come again! Image

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Long beach ,Wa

Post by natetreat » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Cast spinners off the jetty for salmon. I like a big blue fox, something with a little weight to be able to get out there, you'll know when the fish are coming through, you'll see them. Rockfish and lings are good if you walk out a little further on the rocks where it drops off, there are a lot of dogfish out there too.

I use to spend a lot of time out there, my family always vacationed at Ft. Canby when I was growing up.