Neah Bay Salmon fishing.

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Jaksonbrown
Warrant Officer

Neah Bay Salmon fishing.

Post by Jaksonbrown » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Does anyone have any experience fishing inside the straits out at Neah Bay? We are going diving out of Snow Creek this weekend and I would like to get some salmon fishing in while I am there, but have no experience fishing that area. Can anyone give me some general areas or pointers where we can get some Kings?

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Neah Bay Salmon fishing.

Post by Bodofish » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:39 pm

There are a couple good holes for Kings right out in front Neah Bay harbor. Just out a little bit further out is the "Race Track" and we've always had good luck just going back and forth on the contour lines starting at around a hundred feet and working out to about 300. Ask at big salmon and they can tell you where the catch is, buy a map and they'll be all over it.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!