Point No Point Kitsap County Boat Launch On Hold

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Gamefisher
Petty Officer

Point No Point Kitsap County Boat Launch On Hold

Post by Gamefisher » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Tha boat launch was put on hold after a design change, Kitsap sports fisherman objected. It seems the county commissioners and Depertment of Fish and Game change the design to a hand launch.
http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2011/jan/ ... t-on-hold/
A bad day of fishing, is better then a good day at work !!!!!!!

G-Man
Admiral

RE:Point No Point Kitsap County Boat Launch On Hold

Post by G-Man » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:11 pm

I'm glad that someone caught the change in time to stop the waste of time and money. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dismissing the kayak, canoe or car topper crowd, but the whole point of those types of boats is the fact that they don't need an improved area to launch. Perhaps they can take that money and use it to do something with the Mukilteo launch.

Gamefisher
Petty Officer

Post by Gamefisher » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:58 pm

The County and State should build a trailer access launch for all to use.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A bad day of fishing, is better then a good day at work !!!!!!!

NathanD
Petty Officer

Post by NathanD » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:18 pm

G-Man wrote:I'm glad that someone caught the change in time to stop the waste of time and money. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dismissing the kayak, canoe or car topper crowd, but the whole point of those types of boats is the fact that they don't need an improved area to launch. Perhaps they can take that money and use it to do something with the Mukilteo launch.
What would you propose is done with the Mukilteo launch? It seems to me that the current placement of the Mukilteo launch is not at all suited for a boat launch due to the exposure to the wind, current and waves . The water gets deep fast right there. Its a very convenient location for a lot of folks but it seems like the launch should be around the corner to the north instead of on the tip of point elliott . Just my 2 cents. The only reason I visit the Mukilteo boat launch anymore is to watch the show.