Squidding 2010

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
r.sok
Petty Officer

RE:Squidding 2010

Post by r.sok » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Didn't realize the picture was that big so I resized it.

This was in Tacoma :)

daniesea
Petty Officer

Post by daniesea » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:39 am

Nice Job. Thanks for the pic!

jtrapier
Petty Officer

Post by jtrapier » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:55 am

I almost always go to the ferry dock in Steilacoom when I go squidding and in 3 years I have only been skunked once. I've gone 3 times in the past 4 months and have done very well each time. You can be successful from the pier to the left where it's legal to fish, but the lights are a little dim. The best way is to take a small boat out and anchor right under the halogen lights between the ferry dock and the guard shack. Its legal to fish here from a boat, but not from the ferry dock above, and you can almost always watch a group of pissed off asians get kicked off at least once a night. The boat launch is only about 50 ft away from here, so its an easy trip, and I've jigged here from a small rowboat and even my 18.5 ft bayliner and have had plenty of room.