I can not believe it!

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kutthroatkilla
Commander

RE:I can not believe it!

Post by kutthroatkilla » Sat May 03, 2008 4:23 pm

kavykid2k6 wrote:they were lettin the fish float, i have never shot a sea lion but i have shot at them.
That might be illegal, lol, so I wouldn't go telling the world that you shoot them...just my .02 bro.

KTK
Get with the Fast Money Bros

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Sat May 03, 2008 4:57 pm

Yea man, shooting at them= pretty illegal....

But yea Kutt, they love the two Possession bouys, and it aint uncommon to see 2 or 3 on em every time you pass those bouys in the summer....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sat May 03, 2008 4:58 pm

About 4 years ago in the Westport Boat Basin we heard a gun shot (sounded like it was coming from the jetty) and right out in front of the harbor resort a seal started screaming and splashing around in the water. About a min later no more seal. That takes some guts, I hate those things, but to gun one down in the Westport boat basin, you really have to HATE those things to do that.

I was almost pulled in the water by a seal when I was really young while checking my crab ring at westport.

Talk to the guys at Dash Point Peir. The seals sit right under the dock and take your fish when you get them in. I know this happens everywhere, but it happens there way too often

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Sat May 03, 2008 6:24 pm

FOLKS -- DO NOT SHOOT THE SEA LIONS. YOU WILL FACE SERIOUS JAIL TIME AND HEFTY FINES OVER THOUSANDS OF US DOLLARS -- I REPEAT DO NOT SHOOT THE SEA LIONS.

Wow, ok, if people have the nerve to shoot these creatures they will face some serious consequences if caught. As much as I despise sealions, I'd never shoot them in any way.

Up at Ucluelet, B.C. they came up on the fillet dock and would attack people filleting their fish. Up here people use to throw rocks and hit them hard in the head and they got really pissed and charged one guy. I'll never forget that man...true story. Go up there in August and check it out for yourself. Shooting these creatures is 100% illegal and will land you in sea of muck...

...let em' be and let fisheries figure it out...

KTK
Get with the Fast Money Bros