Surf Fishing Washington Shoreline

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
DutchAngler
Angler

Surf Fishing Washington Shoreline

Post by DutchAngler » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:22 am

I have this question. I have become quite fond of surf fishing for red tail perch in Grayland beach and nearby beaches. Every beach I have visited is relatively level for several yards before you can reach a good trough. Is there a beach on the Washington coast which has a steeper descent to the water? I believe this will have deeper troughs which are not several yards from the edge of the water. Thanks

TrackerPro16
Commander

Re: Surf Fishing Washington Shoreline

Post by TrackerPro16 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:10 pm

Fish the west side of Westport The beach is steeper there. It levels out as it gets down to Grayland. Keep in mind you only need 2'-3' of water. If you are having luck in Grayland, why change?

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Surf Fishing Washington Shoreline

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:44 pm

I’ve fished Grayland, Roosevelt beach near Moclips, Ocean Shores, higher up above Moclips.

Caught surf perch on all the beaches. Can’t recall any beaches that had much in the way of troughs, although I realize your point.
Like TrackerPro16 said, if you're finding them, then there ya go! (-: