fishing piers

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
goonatic
Commander

fishing piers

Post by goonatic » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:48 am

im a boatless angler sadly, can you guys maybe reveal some good surf/pier fishing spots? i only know of dash point, les davis, elliot and alki, the later of the two havent really been good to me so they almost dont count lol

BentRod
Admiral

Re: fishing piers

Post by BentRod » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:27 am

Edmonds and Mukilteo are the only other two that I can think of. I've seen people catch salmon off the Edmonds pier, but it's a long way to the water and people use crab rings to net their fish. I've never seen anything but flounder and a few perch caught from the Mukilteo dock. Would think casting from a beach somewhere might be more productive for Coho right now. But that is speculation. FWIW.

Idstud
Lieutenant

Post by Idstud » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:58 am

Check out fort Casey on whidbey island has good beach access Area 9 posts shows pics.

fishee2
Petty Officer

Post by fishee2 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:45 am

I always liked fishing the Edmonds pier using a bobber and fresh herring. Lots of fun, exciting when your bobber goes down. You should still be able to pull some silvers/coho this time of year.