Buzz Bomb/Hoochie combo

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Kaptain King
Petty Officer

Buzz Bomb/Hoochie combo

Post by Kaptain King » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:50 am

So with the Pink season coming on strong, I was going to try something new. I have heard people talk about casting with a Buzz Bomb and a hoochie on top...I have a couple of pink B.B's and some pink hoochies...Has anyone tried this before and if so, any luck? I also have a green/white B.B. and some green hoochies to try. I am thinking about hitting up the Brown's Point lighthouse this week after work...Has anyone been throwing Bombs out there yet for the Pinks?

The Bomb/hoochie sounded kind of cool so I thought I would check if anyone has tried it out. Thanks for any tips and tight lines!!!
"For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing."

fishindude
Warrant Officer

Re: Buzz Bomb/Hoochie combo

Post by fishindude » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:57 am

Caught my first Pink on Friday in MA9 on a green rotator (very similar to a buzz bomb) and a pink hoochie. Guys were also using Pink/pink and Pink Buzz Bomb/UV white hoochie all catching fish. It seems to be pretty effective on both humpys and Coho's. Try it! Just tie on your hook then slide a bead on next to the hook, then your hoochie, then buzz bomb or rotator on a leader of about 2-3 feet. Good Luck!

wolff
Petty Officer

Post by wolff » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:31 am

Do pick up some Rotators in both pink and green(I like the 2"). I had a lot of luck last year without the hoochie, but many others did well with it. The pink or small silver I lost thursday hit a 2" bb with short pink hoochie attached.

chongo469
Commander

Post by chongo469 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:33 pm

The 2" perch buzzbomb with a pink hootchie has been killer combo at Bush PT..... Im sure that combo would work other places just as well , I like a small black pearl with pink hootchie trailer also....