Anyone going for Pinks at Brown's Point on Friday? (26th)

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Anyone going for Pinks at Brown's Point on Friday? (26th)

Post by soulfishhawk » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm gonna' meet a friend and head on down to Brown's Point tomorrow (friday the 26th), just curious if anyone else from the site will be there tomorrow. I don't know a lot about Salmon Fishing, but got a few tips from Quad. Anyway, if anyone is going down there, shoot me a PM. Also, any help would be greatly appreciated, so if I see you there, I'll be hitting you up/bugging you for some tips on just what the hell to do, and how to set everythign up! #-o

Jimi
Last edited by soulfishhawk on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

RE:Anyone going for Pinks at Brown's Point on Friday? (26th)

Post by kingfisher101 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Nope im heading to puke but just use a size 2 buzz bomb and twitch it back not so fast just slow so the fish get a chance to hit and if your taking a break and you see mant catching get up and cast and reel thats what i did to get mine lol but i was fishing all day with mutiple bites good luck
Good luck-KingFisher

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Buzzbombs do work, but not as well as jigs. Id just go with a 3/8 oz pink jig, and you dont need to do a slow retreive, you can go fast, these fish will attack a slow moving or a fast moving bait. Just depends what kind of mood there in, try different techniques weather its jigging real slow, or jigging fast, not jigging at all. Ive caught 'em all ways. Id choose Jigs for Buzzbombs, but thats just me. Good Luck Man !
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Post by kingfisher101 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Yea buzzbombs arent my favorite things, most of the times they get stuck because of the weight, jigs are probably more better and yea FB is right it dosnt really matter if you go slow or fast both will work.and you could just slide a hoochie under the buzz bomb..and right now browns point should have alot of fish
Good luck-KingFisher

soulfishhawk
Petty Officer

Post by soulfishhawk » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Very cool guys, thanks for the tips. Heard back from Quad and he said low tide around 9:30, so we're gonna' meet up in the afternoon. I appreciate the help, thanks.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:54 pm

FB you're allright. Good tips Thank you. Youre a good man and a good asset on this site. Who says you cant learn from the younger ones.? Youre a very good Sportsman FB. Good Luck
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.