Ihave important question

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
AJ's Dad
Commodore

RE:Ihave important question

Post by AJ's Dad » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:40 pm

3 Man raft, no motor, and salt water fishing? I suggest you don't go out any farther than you can swim. Highly recommend the PFD. GOOD LUCK!
"The Pike Supremacist"

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Something smells fishy in this post.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Wow your nuts, the sound is dangerouse when you do stuff like this. I wouldnt do it in my bass boat let alone a raft.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Post by kingfisher101 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Yea a couple days ago we went in my 18 ft regal and i saw these huge waves so close to us it was scary so much water got in the boat from the frontso i woudnt even try it.but somedays the water is so calm but soon enough the waves come.you should just try docks, shore,or whatever just stay safe out there
Good luck-KingFisher

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:19 am

u kno the space bar on the keyboard is there for a reason. lol
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

Camron
Warrant Officer

Post by Camron » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:02 am

Space bar on my phone stopped workin for a bit. After i droped it in the lake so, sorry. And yes im crazy and wanting to fish something new that bad that il take the steadiest inflatable i have ever had in the salt with a few holes in it whoo sounds fun.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:32 am

camron.tht.fishing.guy wrote:Space bar on my phone stopped workin for a bit. After i droped it in the lake so, sorry. And yes im crazy and wanting to fish something new that bad that il take the steadiest inflatable i have ever had in the salt with a few holes in it whoo sounds fun.
Should I just warn the coast guard now?
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4

Camron
Warrant Officer

Post by Camron » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:22 am

Hey if i sink sink it dont matter. I havnt done it yet prob wont for a month

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:31 pm

camron.tht.fishing.guy wrote:Hey if i sink sink it dont matter. I havnt done it yet prob wont for a month
I dont think you understand. If you sink it theres a good chance you wont be able to swim to shore.
Anthony

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:55 pm

how far does one honestly have to go to catch a dogfish? Just got like 200 feet out its not dangerous at all if wind comes up just go back your not gonna sink that close to shore. Just go use herring on bottom 200 feet off shore. Sharks for days. I go out in bellingham bay in my 10 foot livingston like a mile offshore in ROUGH white cap water its not like every small boat sinks in waves just cause its saltwater its harder to sink a boat even a small one that most of you are making it seem. Just row out and fish not a big deal at all.
Last edited by RiverChromeGS on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

kingfisher101
Warrant Officer

Post by kingfisher101 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:10 pm

yea fishenfreak is right sharks dont go to deep or to far from shore ive caught many off dash point dock and point defience dock
Good luck-KingFisher

Camron
Warrant Officer

Post by Camron » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Ive seen kayaks out there all the time and they do fine. Ive alrrady talked to alot of people and they all say its fine

ResQ
Commander

Post by ResQ » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:46 pm

should be alright. Just dont go out too far and stay away from rocks and barnacles. And watch your hooks and keep an eye on the wind. Bring an anchor so that if its a ripping tide you dont end up on fox island. Difference between a rubber raft and a kayak is that a kayak is strong plastic and they are most likely sea kayaks built for it where as a rubber raft can/will puncture by looking at it funny. :cyclops: Just keep your wits about ya and you'll do alright.

moto
Petty Officer

Post by moto » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:05 pm

i take my pontoon boat on the salt at westport and feel safe

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:09 am

I was at dash point catching pinks and a dink rowboat had a fun ride when a hyundai barge went by. Could have went surfing on that wake.
Anthony

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:38 am

You are brave. I have a 10ft livingston and I wouldn`t be caught out in salt. I cry like a school girl when the ski boats come out on a lake. I would take the fella`s advice. Don`t want to become a statistic. Again just my opinion. There`s lots of big fish in the lakes system around here. Just look at the trophy board in the bass section.:bounce: