Ihave important question

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Camron
Warrant Officer

Ihave important question

Post by Camron » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:54 pm

My friend was talking bout fishing budd inlet near butler cove. Taking his boat out. I just got nö idea wat to do out there

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Ihave important question

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Be more specific Cameron, what do you want to fish for? Bottom fishing, salmon, etc?
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Camron
Warrant Officer

Post by Camron » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Really i dontknow. Ive never done salt before i have no idea what im fishin for. My dad said sumthin bout dogfish. But really im willing tocatch anything. I just have no idea what touse

moto
Petty Officer

Post by moto » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:45 pm

how big of boat

Camron
Warrant Officer

Post by Camron » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Big 8 person inflatable raft with an electric motor

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:20 pm

Just go out and toss some chunks of squid or herring over the side and see what you come up with. Dogfish love herring.
Last edited by Matt on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

Camron
Warrant Officer

Post by Camron » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:54 pm

I have no idea where toget that?

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 pm

Pretty much any sporting goods store in western wa has herring
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

moto
Petty Officer

Post by moto » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:26 pm

go where it is deep

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:42 pm

Many gas stations and ANY tackle shop will have squid and/or herring. You can also use night crawlers. Just use like a 3/4 ounce egg sinker, swivel and a size 1 hook.

Camron
Warrant Officer

Post by Camron » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Ok thankyoubut hey do i fish itonthe bottom? Theherring? Do i cast and let it sit. Ordoicast andreel?

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:01 am

Sit it on the bottom for starters. See if that works to get a dogfish or flounder or something. Bring sunblock so U don't get fried!

Does your friend not fish much either? If he does you could just ask him or do what he does.
If he doesn't fish much in this area then probably try above suggestions.

If in an inflatable probably best to not get out there too deep and bring a PFD (personal flotation device/life jacket) just in case the inflatable does something funky or weather does. Inlets and coves hopefully wouldn't get too choppy but tides can cause some strong currents and an electric motor is not very reliable in the saltwater especially if the wind kicks up. Personally I wouldn't take an inflatable and electric motor out in the salt. Stick to lakes.

Watch out for spines on the dogfish along the fins (there should be 2 spines on the fins between the head and tail on the top side of fish).

Have you thought of just shore fishing or going to a local pier? Could probably have an OK chance to get same kind of fish but maybe not as many.

Anyhow, good luck and stay safe out there.:cheers:
Last edited by knotabassturd on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

moto
Petty Officer

Post by moto » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:04 am

when you going maby i will take the pontoon boat out too

sounds fin catching sharks in a inflatable

Camron
Warrant Officer

Post by Camron » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:19 am

Wedsday maybe and ifound out imnot takingthe 8person my friend sold it so we r takingmy 3person with no motor. And nomyfriend dontfish

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:26 am

Sure sounds like you would be better off on a lake. Or on a pier. But good luck, and again, stay safe out there.:)

PS-might be some good clamming to be done around some beach spots over there but not fun like fishing.
Last edited by knotabassturd on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Its the coming back, the return which gives meaning to the going forth. We really don't know where we've been until we've come back to where we were. Only, where we were may not be as it was, because of whom we've become. Which, after all, is why we left." -Bernard Stevens Northern Exposure

Camron
Warrant Officer

Post by Camron » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:30 am

Idont know anypiersor anythingnear by to fish

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:43 am

knotabassturd wrote:Sure sounds like you would be better off on a lake. Or on a pier. But good luck, and again, stay safe out there.:)
+ 1 billion.

:safe:

....sheesh.

Camron
Warrant Officer

Post by Camron » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:48 am

Im tired of fishing lakes imtiredof tiny fish. Im tiredoftrout i got a freezer full. I wanna try something new

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:03 am

camron.tht.fishing.guy wrote:Im tired of fishing lakes imtiredof tiny fish. Im tiredoftrout i got a freezer full. I wanna try something new
LOL wait a week or two and go for PINKS! Or try the Skok, maybe tag along with someone swinging by your way? Probably more fun fishing a river for salmon instead of being in a raft on the sound trying to catch whatever you might find.

A Skok king/chinook would definitely be a whole different world from perch or trout on the lake.:cheers:

knotabassturd
Captain

Post by knotabassturd » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:06 am

camron.tht.fishing.guy wrote:Im tired of fishing lakes imtiredof tiny fish. Im tiredoftrout i got a freezer full. I wanna try something new
LOL wait a week or two and go for PINKS! Or try the Skok, maybe tag along with someone swinging by your way? Probably more fun fishing a river for salmon instead of being in a raft on the sound trying to catch whatever you might find.

A Skok king/chinook would definitely be a whole different world from perch or trout on the lake.:cheers: