Cancun guide recommendations

Post your exotic destination fishing reports here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Gringo Pescador

Cancun guide recommendations

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:01 am

I am going down to Cancun for New Years this year. Looking for recommendations for guides or charters. My requirement is that I do the fishing, from putting the line into the water, to setting the hook, to pulling it in. I don't care for the "sit in the cabin and drink beer until the crew hooks one up" kind of fishing, because of that I tend to look for light tackle options.

I've flats fished further south in Ascention Bay and hear that there is some good light tackle fishing to be had in Cancun as well.

Also has anybody fished the surf in that area? If I were to give it a go on my own, what gear should I bring? My 12' surf rod or would something smaller be better?

I've fished Playa Del Carmen and points south, but not Cancun. Any other info would be great as well.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Gringo Pescador

RE:Cancun guide recommendations

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:47 am

Tickets in hand.. bump
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

sellis_414
Commander

RE:Cancun guide recommendations

Post by sellis_414 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:58 am

Im going the beginning of november! I can't wait!
"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

True Hero Rod Series Representative
Fetha Styx Associate

Return to “Beyond the Northwest -Bud N Mary's Marina, Sponsor”