I am a traitor

Post your exotic destination fishing reports here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
driftercn83
Petty Officer

I am a traitor

Post by driftercn83 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:56 am

Okay everyone its been a while I havemoved a few times and now settling into a groove in madison WI. So first off I have become a traitor. I have found a new love sorry salmon and steelhead. I am now a diehard muskie and Northern Fan and fisherman I had my first 45 inch fish today on lake monona I got her to the side of the pier and she decided that was enough and bit my perch in half and ran off I had 3 Northerns over 30 inches. Man I love chasing these Toothy moody bastards. I have been fishing for them for the past week and 2 muskie and 7 northerns later I am now a pro at it!!! 10000 cast theory my ass more like 40 casts and about 18 hours of fishing. live bait the key right now the perch are on the flats the toothy ones are following them in..... well I am sorry all you salmon trout and steelheaders who I have called friends I am muskie and northern guy....
An old man once told me that if you stick a worm on a hook drop it over the bank you can feed your self for life. I tried it modified it and geez I am beating them off with a broom now.

" Talking about the way it used to be. Skittley dit dat dow doo day. we used to pull Stripers out of san pablo bay. now the delta waters go down so cal and the stripers faded away.." (Primus)

ral
Petty Officer

RE:I am a traitor

Post by ral » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:58 am

Try using a surface lure in weedbeds. Nothing like watching a 30+" fish taking your surface lure! I used to do it in the summertime in 1000 Islands area of Ontario.

Return to “Beyond the Northwest -Bud N Mary's Marina, Sponsor”