trying some thing new

Post your exotic destination fishing reports here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
driftercn83
Petty Officer

trying some thing new

Post by driftercn83 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:12 am

since moving to ohio i have had a chancer to fish steelhead in 3e feet of snow . much different hear where they use super micro jigs and weax worms under a float no one drifts with yarn or corky or pink worm. well i got my first lake erie steelhead most likely 9 to 10 pounds.....:cheers: great steelheading ou here yall shouold give it a try...
An old man once told me that if you stick a worm on a hook drop it over the bank you can feed your self for life. I tried it modified it and geez I am beating them off with a broom now.

" Talking about the way it used to be. Skittley dit dat dow doo day. we used to pull Stripers out of san pablo bay. now the delta waters go down so cal and the stripers faded away.." (Primus)

medic1
Petty Officer

RE:trying some thing new

Post by medic1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:31 am

Mostly hatchery or wild fish? Have you tried our "old school" ways on your new rivers? A change of presentation might be pretty effective

driftercn83
Petty Officer

RE:trying some thing new

Post by driftercn83 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:32 pm

yes i have areo jig under a float and a piece of prawn and also the pink worm spin and glos and corkeis...
An old man once told me that if you stick a worm on a hook drop it over the bank you can feed your self for life. I tried it modified it and geez I am beating them off with a broom now.

" Talking about the way it used to be. Skittley dit dat dow doo day. we used to pull Stripers out of san pablo bay. now the delta waters go down so cal and the stripers faded away.." (Primus)

Return to “Beyond the Northwest -Bud N Mary's Marina, Sponsor”