new waders.

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
Fisherman_max
Commander

new waders.

Post by Fisherman_max » Wed May 28, 2008 7:36 am

does anybody have a recommendation for a new pair of waders for this up and coming summer/winter steelhead season?

just for measure i am 6'2" and 230lbs
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

leahcim_dahc
Commander

RE:new waders.

Post by leahcim_dahc » Wed May 28, 2008 9:19 pm

I bought a pair of chest waders a couple months ago at Joe's...I think the brand might even be their "house brand"...North By Northwest. Reasonable price, decent quality. I didn't go for the one's with the boots already in the waders (bought those separate), but they have neoprene booties attached...keeps the feet dry. Something tells me they were right around $60 or $70. Not the nice $200 one's...but they work just fine.

The only issue I had was with their sizing chart. Bought what I thought to be the right size...but, noooooo. I tried them on when I got home...a touch uncomfortable, if you know what I mean. Took them back and went a size larger than what was stated for my size ( 6'1" x 215lbs.).

Chad
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Wed May 28, 2008 9:28 pm

Cabela's Three Forks 420 Denier Insulated Lug-sole Chest Waders. Great product for the price. Will suit you well.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... id=0000596

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:59 pm

One point to consider: I hear those lug sole waders are a lot easier to get holes in...People say to go with stockingfoot waders and then buy a bottom of the line pair of wading shoes if you are trying to save $$$. They say that the stress on the weld between the boot and the waders is often too much and holes are far too common.
Who knows, but it's something I'm considering for when I buy a new set of waders...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Wed May 28, 2008 11:45 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:One point to consider: I hear those lug sole waders are a lot easier to get holes in...People say to go with stockingfoot waders and then buy a bottom of the line pair of wading shoes if you are trying to save $$$. They say that the stress on the weld between the boot and the waders is often too much and holes are far too common.
Who knows, but it's something I'm considering for when I buy a new set of waders...
++

I've heard too many cold, wet and miserable stories to get them that way. If one were to shop around, most likely could pickup a decent set of waders and felt soled boots for right around $100-$125...which isn't too bad. Depends on your budget I guess.
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Fri May 30, 2008 2:43 pm

http://www.bigcamo.com sells waders, rain gear, hip waders and other fishing clothes, jackets vests, ECT for big and tall folks. I bought my rain gear there and it is great stuff. I also returned some rain pants (they were way too big) and they credited my account no problem. They were great. Their prices were also normal to my surprise.

mikecrawford16
Petty Officer

Post by mikecrawford16 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:40 am

Fisherman_max wrote:does anybody have a recommendation for a new pair of waders for this up and coming summer/winter steelhead season?

Baby hue boy just go to Wal-Mart and get a pair of hip waders there cheaper

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 am

mikecrawford16 wrote:
Fisherman_max wrote:does anybody have a recommendation for a new pair of waders for this up and coming summer/winter steelhead season?

Baby hue boy just go to Wal-Mart and get a pair of hip waders there cheaper
They give you a lot less wading capabilities though, that's something to point out. Waders can allow you to get chest high in water, waders can let you get to mid-upper thigh in water....I wouldn't be wading out in chest deep rivers, but then again, I've needed to go deeper then hip waders have allowed me...

But if Hip Waders end up being something that fit your bill, Hodgmans are like $29.99 at Joes and you can use em real hard for two (sometimes just one) season and then trash em, no big hit to your wallet.....I have a pair and am going on year 3 I believe. First pair made it 2 years.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....