Winter fishing gloves needed

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Winter fishing gloves needed

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:47 pm

I need to pick up a pair of finger-less type winter fishing gloves. You know what I mean.....something that will keep my hands from going numb, but yet the finger area is open so you can tie knots etc.

Can anyone recommend a glove they use?

"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

RE:Winter fishing gloves needed

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:53 pm

I've got two sets I use. One is wool and the other is fleece. Not sure which I like best/worst. I think I like the fleece ones best as they are thinner.

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:31 pm

I got a pair a while back at Fred Meyer. Then a few weeks ago I lost one up in the woods. I also found them at either sportsman's or sportco...can't remember, but they are quite warm. Fingerless and reasonably priced...so if you loose them like I do, they're cheap to replace. Plus, I think you can find them just about anywhere...Walmart, Fred Meyer, Cabela's, Sportco, blah, blah, blah...

Glacier Kenai gloves

Chad
Attachments
i921452sq04.jpg
i921452sq04.jpg (15.61 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:13 pm

I just tried to order a pair of the Kenai Glacier Gloves today from Cabelas. They are back ordered and you have to order 2 pair for them to backorder them for you. So, I'm going to buy a pair as soon as I can find some.

One note... make sure you get the ones that have the windblocker material. I have a pair of ragwool fingerless and they are perfect unless it's windy or the boat is going fast.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:48 pm

I have a pair of gloves similar to the one's in Chad's picture that I use when prospecting in colder water. I got mine at Sportsman's.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:27 pm

Simms makes a pair:

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/windst ... glove.html

Patrick's Fly Shop
2237 Eastlake Avenue East
Seattle, WA
206-325-8988

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:28 pm

What I have done is take regular gloves and make them myself. The ones that I use dont keep your hands too warm but definitely warmer than no gloves at all. I use the white and blue work gloves. I like these too because they have grip on the palm side. I just get some that are a size too small so they fit really snug. Not the best gloves but they work in a pinch. I really dont like to wear gloves while fishing unless I have too. They just seem to get in the way more than anything and its tough to get things out of my pocket and I always seem to get a hook stuck in them. But while still fishing they dont really get in the way, while casting or jigging I dont even bother. But it is defiantly that time of year to get some warm gloves. But either way Chris I think you might have a good excuse to make your way to Cabelas lol.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:13 pm

quadradomus wrote:I need to pick up a pair of finger-less type winter fishing gloves. You know what I mean.....something that will keep my hands from going numb, but yet the finger area is open so you can tie knots etc.

Can anyone recommend a glove they use?

Biking fingerless gloves. It sounds weird but the latex clings to your hands and is really warm.