eChip Flashers

Talk about the gear that makes your fishing day.
A9
Rear Admiral One Star

eChip Flashers

Post by A9 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:08 pm

Thought about sticking this in the saltwater section cause most of the usage for flashers around here are for the saltwater for salmon.

Well of course technology is advancing and things such as "eChips" are now built into our flashers.
Heres a link to there site: http://www.protroll.com/products/echip/

Pro Troll claims they are "the most significant fishing innovation since graphite rods"

I've bought a few of these flashers over the last 2 years and have used them with similar success to flashers with no eChip.

What are your guys' thoughts on these? I usually only buy them now cause ProTroll puts out so many good colors and you can't find too many ProTrolls without the eChips now...

I know salmonuniversity.com did a gear review on them and they claim that they produce better, but then again their site has Pro Trolls ads all over it so maybe they are more pressured into writing a positive review about it instead of an honest report? Who knows.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:eChip Flashers

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:24 pm

my limited experience with them has been no difference, but I can't say I've really tested them hard.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:11 pm

I have heard nothing but good stuff about them. But I have never tried them. I know what you mean about the colors. Its hard to tell if its the colors of the flashers or the actual eChip, that makes them better than the rest. I have always done well with just plain silver or silver and halo. foil. I really want to try them but they (actually any dodger/flasher) arnt cheap. Salmon fishing is EXPENSIVE.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:21 pm

I'm more of a believer of presentation, covering up scents/adding attracting scents, speed, location, depth, and repeating what works then perfecting the little things like leader length and finding the perfect color combination. So I don't worry so much about whether the flasher I put out has the eChip on it or not. I do have my favorite colors which I seem to do best on and best flashers, and I know what you mean about salmon fishing hurting the pocket...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....