Spring Turkey

All things related to hunting.
FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Spring Turkey

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Any turkey hunters here on WALakes? I got a new bow today for Christmas! I love it. Although I cant shoot it, due to wrestling injuries at the moment. But, im going out for the spring turkey season hoping to drop something. I will be going on the east side, not sure where to go exactly though. I have a few general areas in mind, but if anyone could give me some names of areas that have a good population of wild turkey, it would be much appreciated! Any tips are welcome too! Ive been doing a lot of reading. Thanks in advance! Merry Christmas!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Re: Spring Turkey

Post by goodtimesfishing » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Chewelah has a lot of turkey. Friend of mine has property there and he always gets lots of turkey. I have seen them in the road almost every time I have been there. I personallly don't hunt them so I couldn't tell you exactly where to go.

bassplayer17
Lieutenant

Post by bassplayer17 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Hawk creek area lake roosevelt hold a lot
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught....

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:22 pm

goodtimesfishing wrote:Chewelah has a lot of turkey. Friend of mine has property there and he always gets lots of turkey. I have seen them in the road almost every time I have been there. I personallly don't hunt them so I couldn't tell you exactly where to go.
Ditto! Additionally, Chewela, Colville, Kettle Falls...... Any of the fields and hills surrounding the Colville River from start to finish....
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:19 am

Thanks for the info guys!
Attachments
jbear.jpg
jbear.jpg (122.27 KiB) Viewed 1623 times
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:41 pm

I am not willing to give up my area because it took alot of scouting to find a good area without many people. The best advise I can give you is to head east and scout, scout and scout some more. Turkey hunting has become more and morepopular over the past few years and it's increasingly difficult to find areas with good #'s of birds without all the other hunters. Also knock on some doors and get permission to hunt from landowners. Some, if not most consider turkeys a nuisance and want them gone.

Also, on the eastside it varies quite a bit from year to year where the turkies will be elevation/area wise depending on how much snow is still around. The whole eastside of the mountains in the foothills all around the state has birds there it's just a matter of locating where/what elevation they are at from year to year. Best general area I can give you is colville/kettle falls or the blues. Those both have probably the highest density of turkeys.

FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:55 am

Thanks Mallard! I was looking into the Colville area. Glad others who have turkey hunted are recommending the same areas,

Return to “Hunting Topics - Sponsored By Mar Don Resort Duck Taxi”