Its opening day and...

All things related to hunting.
lowvw
Warrant Officer

Its opening day and...

Post by lowvw » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:19 am

I have to work until 1:30. #-o Go home, shower, grab gear, in stand by 3. Hoping for a dry afternoon and a chance to get a deer on my brand new Alpine Ventura. Septembers are too busy, opening day...most rivers are open...still need time to fish/pre-fish for the Lk Wa tourney...gone for a week and a half for antelope...I need more time, plus i have to fit work in there somewhere. Anyone else headed out?
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Man
Admiral

RE:Its opening day and...

Post by G-Man » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:31 pm

I'll get out this weekend to get after some mushrooms and will pack a piece just in case we come across any grouse. I don't much like hunting in the heat and since I'm not a bow hunting kind of person I'd have to pack myself into the alpine wilderness areas to hunt deer in September. That takes a big chunk of time if you want to make it a successful trip and I don't have it to spare. Good luck, hope you have some success this season!

rjn cajun
Captain

Post by rjn cajun » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:39 pm

September is way to busy. I hunt the eastside for deer and elk and September is still to hot. This is one of the reasons I modern hunt. Sucess rates are alot higher also. If I were going to bow hunt it wouldn`t be in this state. Although the bow guy`s do get the best season after the modern when the weather is nasty and the animals are moving down.

lowvw
Warrant Officer

Post by lowvw » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:14 am

Bow hunting as far as deer is all ive ever done....first deer at 13. I took a few years off when priorities changes, and now i have the money and time to put some effort into it. My goal for the past 3 years has been to get a quality blacktail buck. Seen a couple of real nice deer late last season, but nothing w/in shooting range. So far no luck this year, but i have some time left...and if nothing i can pick up a whitetail late over east.

'OL GREY DOG
Commander

Post by 'OL GREY DOG » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:57 am

if all else fails.....i know there's some areas that could use some thin'n on the doe population

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:40 am

9/3/10 - Northeast Washington, Bowtech 101st Airborne, 32 yards, Slick Trick Grizzly. Took two ATV winches to get it up the final slope to the road.:bounce:
Attachments
DSC02410.JPG
DSC02410.JPG (27.57 KiB) Viewed 1533 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Return to “Hunting Topics - Sponsored By Mar Don Resort Duck Taxi”