TAXIDERMIST

All things related to hunting.
the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

TAXIDERMIST

Post by the1fishingpro » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:47 pm

Just thought I would tell you guys about my Uncle the Taxidermist. His name is ARNOLD or ARNIE for short. He has a shop in Vancouver and will stuff almost anything besides fish. He has some pretty good deals as well and some of you may even have used his services at one point in time.
VANCOUVER TAXIDERMIST!!!!
His work phone is #360-892-8320.

He usually works everyday, sometimes weekends. So give him a ring anytime, if he doesnt answer try again, because sometimes his machines get very loud and he cant hear the phone ring, If you just cant get ahold of him, leave a message and he'll get ahold of you.

Hope you guys who are possibly looking for some mounts call my uncle for business sometime, He does awesome mounts. Calling him for Price checks is ok too.
Ok guys, just thought I would let you guys in on a great Taxidermist, take advantage of it.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If in doubt set the hook!

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:TAXIDERMIST

Post by A9 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:57 pm

Doesn't do fish? Did I read that right?

He have a website or some pictures of his work?
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:46 am

Na, he keeps it simple! Plus he has no clue how to use a computer, let alone type anything. Yep doesnt do fish unfortunately, but he has tried before. Just as experiments for his own fish.

Still, You should give him a call if you might be interested. Hes not working tomorrow, but he will be at the shop Monday.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:31 pm

Sorry but I prefer to see pictures of the Taxidermists previous work and it is to far for me to justify taking an animal to have mounted. I would be interested in seeing some of his work though. Do you have any pics?

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:41 am

Well, for all you guys who live or visit Vancouver. My Uncle put most of the hit mounts in the New Sportsmans Warehouse. Including the huge Buffalo. Thats one way to see his work up and personal. But If I can find some pictures somewhere, I will post them.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:20 pm

yea that buffalo he did was something special!!!. i am sure mad that he does not do fish. once i catch a big nice steelhead like maybe above 15lbs i might get it mounted. and when i have him make the mounts i would make him fill in the missing fin that was clipped because i would never keep a wild fish.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:16 pm

I was able to find a few pictures of him, his shop and some mounts he has done. Mostly older pictures but still quality work I think.

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:35 am

the1fishingpro wrote:I was able to find a few pictures of him, his shop and some mounts he has done. Mostly older pictures but still quality work I think.

It's really sad to see animals like this being killed and used for asthetic purposes. I would never kill an animal who is warm blooded and has a family. That's really wrong, in my opinion. With that said, it's average work altogether. I would get some pictures of some big bows or lingcod up here so us fishers can see what you got!

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:58 pm

cutthroatkiller, he said that he doesn't do fish. Hence no big bows or lingcod.

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:15 pm

cutthroatkiller wrote: It's really sad to see animals like this being killed and used for asthetic purposes. I would never kill an animal who is warm blooded and has a family. That's really wrong, in my opinion. With that said, it's average work altogether. I would get some pictures of some big bows or lingcod up here so us fishers can see what you got!
You're kidding right? What's the difference of whether or not the animal is warm blooded? What makes you think that these were "killed for asthetic purposes?" I don't see anywhere in those pictures saying that the meat was thrown away. Mounting a fish for a trophy is ok but not other game? Gimme a break dude. Killing animals for food is a lot better than the slaughter and waste that goes on at your local grocery store.

I don't know if you noticed, but this is the hunting forum. ](*,)
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Drewp wrote:
You're kidding right? What's the difference of whether or not the animal is warm blooded? What makes you think that these were "killed for asthetic purposes?" I don't see anywhere in those pictures saying that the meat was thrown away. Mounting a fish for a trophy is ok but not other game? Gimme a break dude. Killing animals for food is a lot better than the slaughter and waste that goes on at your local grocery store.

I don't know if you noticed, but this is the hunting forum.
I'm just personally against hunting. Period. I think a lot of other people are too, in our wonderful liberal state. I praise WDFW working against people who hunt illegally - they do amazing work. My point is mute because I'm in a hunting section, your right, but killing an elk is something I could never do...an 8" trout -- well, common, we could draw moral equivalncies all day long. However, I respect your points and respect those that hunt big game. Just not something I'd do.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:38 pm

iPodrodder wrote:cutthroatkiller, he said that he doesn't do fish. Hence no big bows or lingcod.
Ahh, gotcha!

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:12 pm

cutthroatkiller wrote:
I'm just personally against hunting. Period. I think a lot of other people are too, in our wonderful liberal state. I praise WDFW working against people who hunt illegally - they do amazing work. My point is mute because I'm in a hunting section, your right, but killing an elk is something I could never do...an 8" trout -- well, common, we could draw moral equivalncies all day long. However, I respect your points and respect those that hunt big game. Just not something I'd do.
That's cool, and I respect the fact that you are allowed to have your opinion. I'm having trouble following the logic of it though.... Earlier you mentioned that you wanted to see some "big bows or lingcod," nothing about 8 inch trout, so your moral equivalencies comment falls a bit short there. A trophy ling cod could be decades old, but your right, moral equivalencies are not rooted in any sort of fact, so no sense trying to come up with a definition. How does being a liberal pit you against hunting? I'm a very liberal person (that's what happens when you grow up with a single parent mom who's a teacher, and then wind up as an English major after college), but I'm happy that when I can put things like politics down, fishing and hunting can provide the means to escape to what it's really all about. And how can you have the moniker of "Cutthroat Killer," concede to the fact that the killing of fish is okay and that you enjoy it, yet preach againts the killing of another kind of game which provides the same outlet/enjoyment/activity that fishing does?

If hunting is something that you personally "could never do," that's fine and I respect your decision to not do so. But being "against hunting," and proclaiming that it is "really wrong," is quite selfish, and frankly holds no weight in any sort of debate on the subject. Maybe I'm misinterpreting your attitudes toward hunting, as you did say in your last post that you do respect those that hunt. Sorry if that's the case.

Through the history of man, humans have hunted animals for food, clothes, and trophy. To end that tradition would be a sad thing - Indeed we would not be where we are today if mankind never learned the difficult and exciting skill of hunting. And if the ish really hits the fan in this country, knowing how to hunt, gut, skin, and butcher an animal just may save your own hide (PUN intended). I realize that might seem like a bit of a stretch at the present time.

I also just wanted to touch on the humane aspect for a sentence or two. How is it inhumane to kill a deer (or elk, or whatever)? More often than not, the animal wins. How does the saying go? That's why they call it fishing, not catching? Well the same applies for hunting if not more so. They don't call it hunting for nothing. And I'm not talking about the ranches where they "grow" deer, that's not hunting and I completely agree any gripe with that BS. A responsible hunter will waste almost nothing from an animal. A pelt, a mount, MEAT for their family, etc. I know I mentioned this in my last post, but that is so much more responsible than any grocery store does or could ever try to do.

All that being said, I'm not a hunter. I have never killed a deer or duck, but I respect the sport and would love to be able to do it some day. Geez, just realized how long-winded that got. Sorry.

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:29 am

Drewp wrote: Maybe I'm misinterpreting your attitudes toward hunting, as you did say in your last post that you do respect those that hunt. Sorry if that's the case.
No problem. My main argument breaks down in two or more places...and I appreciate you pointing this out to me. I am not a hunter, nor will I ever hunt...and the more I think about it, hunting and fishing are much the same. Killing a 40 pound lingcod is just as bad as killing an elk, deer, whatever. So, on those grounds, there is no "killing" that is "better" than another type. I view fish as cold blooded fish, not animals, and would have a hard time seeing my local deer being shot by my next door neighbor or another hunter later in the season -- that same deer that fed on my apple tree months earlier. I do respect hunters...most my extended family hunts, I just think taking of a warm blooded life is wrong. Turns out this is anything but Taxidermy, but moreso about wilderness ethics. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:56 pm

I can see where you're coming from. Deer in your backyard I'd assume would be like pets almost. And they are a lot cuter than fish, that's for sure.

Cheers on agreeing to disagree. :cheers:

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Ive got to admit... even though this is a report on Taxidermy. I have enjoyed reading what you two have had to say about Hunting in general.

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:25 am

the1fishingpro wrote:Ive got to admit... even though this is a report on Taxidermy. I have enjoyed reading what you two have had to say about Hunting in general.

That's what this site is all about...open, agree to disagree discussion...I learned a lot and am glad to be an integral part of WL.com.

Return to “Hunting Topics - Sponsored By Mar Don Resort Duck Taxi”