Crawdads (crawfish) on lake Sammamish

Our hardshelled friends found here.
Kayak Doug
Angler

Crawdads (crawfish) on lake Sammamish

Post by Kayak Doug » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:31 am

Hey fellow fishermen,

I recently bought a crawdad pot (not sure why...just for the hell of it really) and, living on Lake Sammamish wanted to know if there was any specific area that they cater to. This would be my first time going for them on the lake, but I have seen a few pots out there and know that they are in the lake. Any info would be cool. Or, if you wanted to tell any of your stories about crawfish on here, that would be cool too.

Cheers,

Douglas
He'd knew he would be a poor man if he never saw an eagle fly.....rocky mountain high....

gpc
Admiral

RE:Crawdads (crawfish) on lake Sammamish

Post by gpc » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Does Samamish have crawdads? I know lake WA does. There is a thread under the freshwater fishing that has some good info in it, and a great link to a website, Just stick to the nite time, rocky bottom, where there is lots of cover. I like to use natural forrage when possible. So just use your fish guts, after a day on the water

Kayak Doug
Angler

Post by Kayak Doug » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:40 pm

Ya, I am sure it does. The only reason I know is that there was a line tied to a piling (unmarked...looked old) so I pulled it up to see what it was...(this was about a year ago or so). There was a cage tied to it and actually a few crawdads inside...the cage has since been removed (not by me, I just checked the piling to see if it was still there) but someone either claimed it or something. Anyways...thanks for the tips, I will have to check it out...

cheers!

Douglas
He'd knew he would be a poor man if he never saw an eagle fly.....rocky mountain high....

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:58 pm

Another fun thing to do is get some snorkel gear and anchor up your boat or just dive off your dock and try and flip over rocks and just scoop them up....I've always enjoyed doing that....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:20 pm

Throw a fish carcass. Carcass=feeding war.