Thank You From NJ

Our hardshelled friends found here.
drjjpdc
Petty Officer

Thank You From NJ

Post by drjjpdc » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:58 pm

I had planned a trip to WA from NJ in July 2014. Between my health problems and the fires in WA it did not work out. I did get to go last year from July 25 to August 25 in my truck with 2 other disabled friends. I got lots of help on this site from Mike and other members. I did get to fish Lake Omak and I caught a few and released them. I was traveling east to west and planned to go thru Glacier NP. Unfortunately some idiot set a fire and they had to close the east to West portion of the Sun Road. So I drove 2600 miles to see Glacier as a highlight and no can do.

The above was a thank you for your wonderful members. I also placed 2 Crab Recipes (Best Ever Crab Cakes & EZ Crab and Pasta) in the Fish recipe section accidentally as another thank you.

If those recipes need to be moved into this Shellfish section, could Mike or any other folks here move it for me.

I tried to get out there this year again but knee surgery put a clamp on that. There is always 2017.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Thank You From NJ

Post by Amx » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Sorry that things didn't work out, you know "The Plans of Men and Mice".

The culinary forum IS the proper place for those recipes. Thanks.
Tom.

Interests: living

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Thank You From NJ

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:37 pm

drjjpdc wrote:I had planned a trip to WA from NJ in July 2014. Between my health problems and the fires in WA it did not work out. I did get to go last year from July 25 to August 25 in my truck with 2 other disabled friends. I got lots of help on this site from Mike and other members. I did get to fish Lake Omak and I caught a few and released them. I was traveling east to west and planned to go thru Glacier NP. Unfortunately some idiot set a fire and they had to close the east to West portion of the Sun Road. So I drove 2600 miles to see Glacier as a highlight and no can do.

The above was a thank you for your wonderful members. I also placed 2 Crab Recipes (Best Ever Crab Cakes & EZ Crab and Pasta) in the Fish recipe section accidentally as another thank you.

If those recipes need to be moved into this Shellfish section, could Mike or any other folks here move it for me.

I tried to get out there this year again but knee surgery put a clamp on that. There is always 2017.
Ahoy! Yes, we had quite a bit of correspondence. I remember your trip, and the fire issue well. At least glad that you got to fish Omak, such an awesome place.

Thanks for the crab cakes recipe. I'll be hitting the crabbing shortly here.

>Chris