Regarding Crabbing endorsement purchased online

Our hardshelled friends found here.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Regarding Crabbing endorsement purchased online

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:33 pm

I am taking a coworker out crabbing this weekend.
Unfortunatley, she bought all her licensure online.
I am not in contact with her, but it seems as if she got something that she printed via the WDFW website, which will sufice as her actual license (salt/fresh combo)--- until the real one arrives in the mail.

My question is, the crab catch record card, and salmon CR card is still supposed to come in the mail as well.
So... Without the catch record card arriving yet, is she actually not able to crab? The temp license will show she purchased her crab endorsement, but she will have nowhere to record her crab.

Wishing she just went to Fred Meyer😞

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Regarding Crabbing endorsement purchased online

Post by Larry3215 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:02 pm

Its my understanding you cannot fish for anything that requires a catch record card unless you have the card. That should be spelled out on the temp license IIRC.

It might show up in time. Mine only took 2 days I think. She might be able to go in and get one from a dealer, but that will cost.

Gringo Pescador

Re: Regarding Crabbing endorsement purchased online

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:58 am

The Quadfather wrote:My question is, the crab catch record card, and salmon CR card is still supposed to come in the mail as well.
So... Without the catch record card arriving yet, is she actually not able to crab? The temp license will show she purchased her crab endorsement, but she will have nowhere to record her crab.

Wishing she just went to Fred Meyer😞
Yep, you got it right..
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker