Potholes Res Crawfish

Our hardshelled friends found here.
HammerinHonkers
Petty Officer

Potholes Res Crawfish

Post by HammerinHonkers » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:44 am

I'm gonna be staying at potholes later this month. I wanted to drop some crawfish pots. Anybody done it there? If so what depth do you look for and what type of bottom? Never really done it successfully. Thanks
HH

hlindsay
Warrant Officer

Re: Potholes Res Crawfish

Post by hlindsay » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:58 am

I have hit Potholes for craws in the spring after it opened and not got any. I tried Crab creek, the face of the dam, and Lynn Coulee. Other people have said they did well in those areas. I may have been at the wrong time of year. I have found them in other lakes in 2 to 30 ft, rocky and mud bottom (I know that doesn't narrow it down much). If you are able to leave potholes try Corral just below Potholes, I have got some there. I am definitely not and expert but I saw no one was giving you any help, so I hope this helps some. Mardon store may be helpful.

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/ReportCo ... id=546&t=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HammerinHonkers
Petty Officer

Post by HammerinHonkers » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:02 am

Wow, is that H. Lindsay, retired TFD? This is Z. Chandler. If that's you hope retirement is treating you well and you're pounding the salmon. Thanks for the tips on Corral. Take care.
ZC

hlindsay
Warrant Officer

Post by hlindsay » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:39 am

It's me, retirement is great. I haven't hit the salt as much as I like but hope to change that this week.

hewesbob
Lieutenant

Post by hewesbob » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:51 am

Don't forget to mark your pots the same as you do with Crab or Shrimp pots. Crawdad pots are under the same rules now, I learned this the hard way.