Feeling a Lil Crabby

Our hardshelled friends found here.
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Feeling a Lil Crabby

Post by racfish » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:35 am

This is the big weekend coming up.Crabbing starts and Im already checking out my launch. I like the heavy fees to launch. It'll keep the launches a lil more opened up.I like the first part of the year to crab. Sometimes you dont even have to measaure they are so big. Good Luck all.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Re: Feeling a Lil Crabby

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:49 am

LOL What's the Seattle launch fee up to Ralph? Is that Don Armeni you use?
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:03 am

All the Seattle launches are $10 and an annual pass is up to $150. That really won't stop folks from clogging up the ramps. Shilshole and Don Armini will both be backed in the mornings even though the better exchange for crabbing, this week, will be in the afternoon/evening.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:15 am

10 bucks in Seattle but I wouldnt crab Elliot Bay if I was starving. I crab up north. Launches on certain islands are $20.00 plus. If you live on the island its cheaper. This is why Im hoping it will be a lesser crowd.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:33 pm

I'll be out in Utsalady bay. Launch is the front yard. I'm off for the next week starting tomorrow!!! :cheers:
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:52 pm

I'll be out Bodo. Look for my 16 ft Tracer by Smokercraft. Leave the house open incase we need to use the restroom. LOL..

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Bodofish wrote:I'll be out in Utsalady bay. Launch is the front yard. I'm off for the next week starting tomorrow!!! :cheers:

wooot!! I'd be trying to bum a ride some where if i wasn't locked down to home turf.. :) have fun!!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:14 pm

oneshot wrote:
Bodofish wrote:I'll be out in Utsalady bay. Launch is the front yard. I'm off for the next week starting tomorrow!!! :cheers:

wooot!! I'd be trying to bum a ride some where if i wasn't locked down to home turf.. :) have fun!!
It's only an hour up the road.... Come on up!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Hey thanks on the ramp fee info! Thinking of popping out of Everett on wed. Haven't gotten the boat wet yet this year. She's looking kinda rough..

rcthepirate
Lieutenant

Post by rcthepirate » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:43 pm

MarkFromSea wrote:Hey thanks on the ramp fee info! Thinking of popping out of Everett on wed. Haven't gotten the boat wet yet this year. She's looking kinda rough..
Can't remember for sure but I think crabbing is closed on tuesdays and wednesdays this year. Better double check, wouldn't want to get ticketed

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:01 pm

rcthepirate wrote:
MarkFromSea wrote:Hey thanks on the ramp fee info! Thinking of popping out of Everett on wed. Haven't gotten the boat wet yet this year. She's looking kinda rough..
Can't remember for sure but I think crabbing is closed on tuesdays and wednesdays this year. Better double check, wouldn't want to get ticketed
Oh crap! Thanks for the heads up.... LOL forgot about that one....... #-o

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:18 am

The first limit will be boiled and woofed down. The next day will be crabcakes. I cant wait. Red Rock and Dungies are so good.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:51 am

pt defiance is $20 now. launches are getting pricey. I only paid $7 at sammamish I believe with the discovery pass, but the crabbing there isn't so hot. :-({|=

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:20 pm

LOL Dustin. Crabbing sucks at Sammamish.Hahaha. Now crawdads are a different story.I have a friend who works at the public market in a fishstand. He brought me salmon heads galore for crabbing.At least 20 lbs worth. Salmon heads and carcasses are great crab bait. So for me its a turkey drum and a salmon head in each.

EAmon ___hoffman123
Lieutenant

Post by EAmon ___hoffman123 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Anyone going tomorrow? We're headed out tomorrow, love the taste of thosse [drool] [drool] [drool] dungees
There are some achievements which are never done in the presence of those who hear of them. Catching salmon is one, and working all night is another.
Anthony Trollope

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:24 pm

I may go out on my own tomorrow. Sat I have myself and two others but tomorrow it might just be me. we'll see if I decide to go to the Sky or crabbing.

aquaking
Angler

Post by aquaking » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:37 pm

I really wanted to go out but found my porch and cool drink after work watching the kiddos play in the lil pool. Ive yet to experience any launch fees. I have a 10ft deep v I usually toss off the top of my suburban at Dash Point. Usually try to invite at least one person to help with gear then just take turns tossing our pots off in the hole. Have an awesome seaaon everyone! Bring a friend and gave them pickup the bill! :)
The only bad post is one not posted.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:08 pm

Went out crabbing today. 3 of us went. 15 dungies and not one red rock. I did managed to get pulled over by Island County Sheriffs. I forgot to put my new decal on for 2014.They were dicks about it as usual but oh well. My mistake. Crabbing was great so oh well.Pictures soon

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:07 pm

we have been pulling huge red rocks out of area 11. I mean like 7" across. I'm not used to my red rocks being bigger than the dungies! :-k

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:17 pm

I posted my pic in the reports area. I wanted fed rock too. Next weekend area 11. Its way closer anyways.