Hoping for info regarding crayfish

Our hardshelled friends found here.
Dave
Commodore

Hoping for info regarding crayfish

Post by Dave » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:30 pm

Hi everyone. I am interested in information on where to go in western WA for crayfish. Specifically Snohomish County north to the border. Can I use shrimp pots? What type of bait works best? What depth? Should the post be put near structure ECT? How long do the pots need to soak? When is the season? That kind of stuff. Sorry, I know that's alot to ask. I also realize I am asking folks to share information that could compromise their hot spot for crayfish so I hope not to offend anyone. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishnislife
Admiral

RE:Hoping for info regarding crayfish

Post by fishnislife » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:48 pm

Dave, I put together a list of all Wa waters that hold crayfish in them awhile back. I will find it and bump it up for you. I will call it a Davebump.
If you have the Fishing in Washington Rules book (you can pick up for free at any sports store) you will want to look at pgs.130-137.
You can look at it online at: https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/erules/index.jsp
Just click on the download of the rules pamphlet in the upper left hand corner.
Hope this get's you going.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:03 pm

Best bait is fresh fish caught from that body of water (match the prey theory)

Perch, trout, bluegill, whatever. I never get anything with cat food.

Any depth holds them. Structure like rock piles are prime for crayfish. I stick mine around there.

Shrimp pots will work fine. Overnight soaks are usually best since crawdads are most active at night.. (They hide out during the day to hide from bass)
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

VooDuuChild
Warrant Officer

Post by VooDuuChild » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:15 pm

If you can get your hands onto some salmon heads/parts, that works awesome. The dads love oily fish. Every time I catch salmon to keep, I always save out the heads and backs (if'n I filet them) and then freeze them in ziplocks in water (just enough to cover them) and that'll keep them from freezer burn. Lake Stevens holds them (be careful, that lake gets pretty deeeep), and Lake McMurray also has some good ones, but that one's in Skagit County, not far from Snohomish county. Season's only open till 10-31 so get out there and get some daddddds, mmmm. I'm still waiting on my pots to arrive myself, so I'm just passing along info I've read off the good 'ol internet. So now some of my crabbin salmon is gonna be daddin salmon.
________
[l_,[____],
l---L -[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)---)_) Jeeps are my other addiction......I need help, no, just more money!!!!