Best Mexican Seafood EVER.

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Best Mexican Seafood EVER.

Post by natetreat » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 pm

I had the pleasure of taking Salmon Barry some of the guys fishing from Mexico Cantina y Cocina at Pacific Place in Seattle, and they invited me to check out their place. I took the wife and we made an evening of it, and MAN, was their food good! Laura had the chorizo clams and I had the carne asada, and it was spectacular! I'm not a foodie or anything, and rarely get excited about good food, but if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and try out their stuff. I'm not sure how to spell it, but the Ceviche was fantastic. Here are a few photos, sorry the lighting is so poor.
Attachments
20130202_192947.jpg
20130202_192947.jpg (28.41 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
20130202_190204.jpg
20130202_190204.jpg (36 KiB) Viewed 1972 times
20130202_190157.jpg
20130202_190157.jpg (23.49 KiB) Viewed 1972 times

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Re: Best Mexican Seafood EVER.

Post by racfish » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:37 am

There are so so many restaurants in Seattle that I dont think I'll ever get to all of them. Pacific Place is a tough place to park and eat. Some nights parking can cost the same as dinner. Someone mentioned this place once before. Now that its comming from someone reliable I might have to hit it up.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:39 am

Parking was 6 dollars if I remember, we parked in the garage right under pacific place. But yea, this place blows a lot of my favorites out of the water, and I'm a picky Mexican food eater. Also, don't bite the grilled jalapeno, it's spicier than it looks.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:53 am

I am lucky in that the best Mexican food I get is right at home. But if my wife is not in the mood to cook we go to the following:
#1 Casa Azul on 145th & Greenwood (unfortunately they have closed, crossing fingers they will reopen),
#2 Esperanza at the west end of 85th above Golden Gardens and
#3 Gallerias on Broadway used to be good (haven't been there in awhile).

Those Jalepenos you are talking about are called Chiles Toreados. They are salted and toasted on a hot plate. Yes it does bring the heat up a few notches, but man are they awesome with Huevos Rancheros!
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:39 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:I am lucky in that the best Mexican food I get is right at home. But if my wife is not in the mood to cook we go to the following:
#1 Casa Azul on 145th & Greenwood (unfortunately they have closed, crossing fingers they will reopen),
#2 Esperanza at the west end of 85th above Golden Gardens and
#3 Gallerias on Broadway used to be good (haven't been there in awhile).

Those Jalepenos you are talking about are called Chiles Toreados. They are salted and toasted on a hot plate. Yes it does bring the heat up a few notches, but man are they awesome with Huevos Rancheros!
I'm right there with you Gringo. I grew up with the good stuff at home. That's why when I do find the good stuff I'm really excited. I put this place pretty close to home cooked, and since I don't live at home anymore, I have to go out to get it [unsure]. I love the heat too I just bit into the pepper and ate about half of it and was surprised a little. My wife is Italian, so I have a barometer to judge Italian restaurants against, so I know how that is when you find one that is really special.

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:13 pm

I was very spoiled as a kid, grandpa is from mexico and loved to cook. mom can make some mean grub also. all our mexi places suck up here though

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Not this one.

primetime
Commander

Post by primetime » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Taco Tuesday tonight. Dollar tacos and 1.50 beer. Now that's Mexican food haha

Augwen
Lieutenant

Post by Augwen » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:20 am

Wow...that clam dish made me drool on my keyboard =P~

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:39 pm

I was doing a pick up in Monroe yesterday. Around lunch time I stopped at a Mexican Gut wagon for a quick Burrito. It was better then excellent. I got a burrito with cheek meat ( cabeza). Best burrito Ive had. Their hot sauce had flavor and the burrito was thick with meat. It was next to the Chevron station right off 522. Well worth going to.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:25 pm

racfish wrote:I was doing a pick up in Monroe yesterday. Around lunch time I stopped at a Mexican Gut wagon for a quick Burrito. It was better then excellent. I got a burrito with cheek meat ( cabeza). Best burrito Ive had. Their hot sauce had flavor and the burrito was thick with meat. It was next to the Chevron station right off 522. Well worth going to.
Good to know - I hit that one in Eastgate in the gas station parking lot next to Pizza Hut for lunch alot. Good stuff there also
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Return to “Culinary Delights - Fish Recipes”